brain fog hope

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by patchwork, Mar 23, 2003.

1. patchwork

patchwork New Member

Hi just to give those of you with severe brain fog hope. When I was in the extremely severe stage of C.F.S ie unable to do anything apart from lie down all day, ,more or less shut down,I had extreme brain fog. I'd been like this for about 7 years when I woke up one morning and it was gone! My head was completely clear! Unfortunately the other symptoms have remained with me, but I tell you losing the brain fog was totally liberating!I gradually managed to get back on my feet. I have no idea why it suddenly went, the only med I was on was one to help control Orthostatic hypotension which they give to patients after operations,and I'd been on it about 3 months.Anyway hopefully your fog will lift too one of these days!
  2. Achy-shaky

Achy-shaky New Member

I'm so happy for you and totally amazed that after 7 years it would just go away but taking meds for low blood pressure may have just done the trick since many of our problems are because our blood is so sluggish. That brain fog is one of the worst symptoms and I can imagine how liberated you must feel...now you can focus better on continuing to improve. It does give hope to others!

My blood pressure seems to fluctuate from high to low so I don't know what would help in my case. Anyone out there have this problem and any suggestions?

Bless you Patchwork & I hope you continue to feel better.
    Shaky

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I would bet it was the medication which helped. When my mycoplasmas are in control of my body, my cognitive problems are much worse. Mycoplasmas cause sluggish bloodflow and lack of oxygen in the body.

Whatever it was, I'm happy that you are free of it.

Love, Mikie
  4. tp

tp New Member

I used to have brain fog too until I started taking propranolol for high blood pressure and anxiety. I havent been diagnosed with Fibromylasia or anything but reading these posts are making me wonder if thats what is wrong with me.