Brain Fog NEED HELP PLEEEEASE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Scapper, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Scapper

Scapper New Member

OK, this short term memory loss/brain fog issue is really hitting an all time high with me.

I have so many things going on with this body that I'm not sure what's contributing to what!

I recently stopped taking Blue Green Algae. I was taking this for years. I didn't really feel as if it were making much of a difference in my brain fog, so when I ran out, I decided it was too expensive and I could go without it.

Soooooo, I'm back to not remembering my own phone number, not remembering where I am driving.....as I am driving, names are totally out of the question, simple tasks are taking all of my mental energy just to TRY TO THINK. It's making me crazy!!

I cannot afford the B/G Algae for a few months, so that option has to wait.

My question is, has anyone had any luck with Ginko Biloba? Or any other natural aid to help me out here?

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease...........I can't take this!!!!!

SCAPPER
  2. MsE

MsE New Member

I have a friend who swears by Ginko. She doesn't have our DD's though. She says if she does any traveling, etc., the two things that must go with her are her toothbrush and her Ginko.

Also, one of my daughters swears Ginko helps defuzz her brain when she's overly tired or hassled.

I have no personal experience with it.
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

one bottle of Acetyl L-Carnitine. I think it helped a little. I'm going to get another bottle (if I can remember).
  4. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I'm guessing it would function like blue-green algae since it's similar....it was cheap.
  5. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

One of the things that Rich Carson took for brain fog was Phosphatidyl Serine. I have not tried it but you can get it from Pro Health.

Kathy
  6. Scapper

Scapper New Member

Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply.....this really has gotten significantly worse for me. I forgot how bad it can get....at a scary level!!!

I bought Ginko Biloba yesterday and I'm going to give that a try for the next few weeks. I will absolutely report back if I get results.

I've tried B12 and Selenium and didn't notice any difference in any of my symptoms.

I've never tried CoQ10......this may be my next trial supplement.

I won't be able to afford the B.G. Algae for at least another few months. I'm praying to find a cheaper solution before I lose my mind completely.

SCAPPER

7. Loveyame

Loveyame New Member

Maybe you could write to the company that makes the Blue Green Algae and tell them what a great job it does but you can't afford it. Some companies will give you the medicine for free if you cant afford to buy it. It is worth a try.
    Love Ya Me
  8. Aberlaine

Aberlaine Member

(If another message from me appears above this one, I think I pushed the enter button when I didn't mean to.)

I've been having problems with fibro fog for quite a while. I started experimenting with the supplements mentioned in these posts. The fog seems to have lifted a bit. But I can't say exactly why. I also increased the dosage of my Premarin at the same time.

The only supplement I take daily is the selenium. The rest (B-12, CoQ10, PS, extra vitamin E) I take every few days. I'm afraid I'm going to overdose on supplements so I don't take them regularly. I know what vitamins are water-soluble and leave my body if I take too much, but don't know about all these other supplements.

I've only taken the PS once and had quite a buzz from it. Haven't tried it again. Good luck with finding an answer to your fog.

Nancy
  9. BEARANDBUGSMOM

BEARANDBUGSMOM New Member

I know barley green can be found in the health food store or vitamin shop and it ranges in price. The brain fog really sucks, my four year old is now finishing my sentences!

Blessings,
    Kelly
  10. shayla1966

shayla1966 New Member

I love blue-green algae but it is very expensive. And I'm too cheap for that.

I like ginko but it takes at least a week to kick in. It's definately worth it once it's working, brings oxygen to your brain.

Try Yerba Mate' (guayaki brand) tea. It's under $6 for 25 teabags. If you don't want hot tea, put a bag or 2 into a water bottle. It gives me mental & physical energy. The only other thing that works for me is juicing but my juicer broke so I haven't done it in a while.
  11. Scapper

Scapper New Member

I'm anxiously awaiting the results of Ginko.....last night I had crazy dreams, which is not like me. I'm assuming it's from the Ginko, which causes increased blood flow to the brain. Now if it would just help me think....speak, etc...

I'll try the Yerba Mate.....I have some in my cupboard so I don't even have to get behind the wheel of a car (what a nightmare)

Good idea on writing the co of BG Algae....I was getting it at cost though....guess it wouldn't hurt to try. I'm so broke from all of this spending on supplements. It's been years and years of supplements....not sure where to draw the line....I just seem to always add and not take away!!

THANKS GUYS......SCAPPER