Brain fog or just plain forgetful?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lvjesus, Jul 15, 2006.

1. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

How can you tell if you have brain fog or are just forgetful? My husband gets so mad at me for not remembering things and says it is just me not paying attention.

When I mention that it is a major symptom of fibro he says I am blaming everything on that. Don't get me wrong, he is very supportive and I have learned to let the bad stuff go over my head but it does make me curious.

I have trouble with long pauses sometimes, but not too much trouble with words and names of things, etc.

Sonya
  2. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Hi Sonya,

I totally understand. Sometimes I wonder the same thing myself.

I do have problems remembering what things are called, or if I'm talking I can't remember the word I am trying to use in a sentence.

Today, I had to laugh at myself, I wrote a note to pick up 3 things while I was out...left the house and forgot the note!

Go figure!
  3. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

lvjesus
    yes this is brain fog. I have been getting worse with mine. I posted about this a few days ago, and I get so frustraited with those who claim to love me, and they dont seem to want to listen to the fact that I cannot help the symptoms. I have been accused of everything under the sun because of this disease. Here is a wonderful web site to send to family members.
    http://www.arthritis.org/conditions/DiseaseCenter/Fibromyalgia/fibro_fog.asp
    I am with you on this hon, dont feel bad about it, this is part of the disease.
    Whats really funny is I was seeing a counsler last year, and she had it also. When we both went blank at the same time, we both busted up laughing, because if you dont, it will just get in the way.
    God bless, Julie