BRAIN FOG OR STAR FOG?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rockgor, Sep 14, 2006.

1. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Here's a story my sister just sent me. Have no idea if it's true. But it certainly sounds like it could be.

A middle-aged lady from the mid-west was vacationing in a New England village. And so was Paul Newman w/ his family.

The lady got up and took a brisk walk. Then dropped into the local bakery/ice cream parlor (thus undoing the benefit of the brisk walk) and ordered a double-dip cone.

At that moment she noticed Paul Newman seated nearby enjoying coffee and a donut. Somewhat stunned, but determined not to make a fool of herself by acting like a silly teenager, she paid for her cone and left.

When she got her car she had keys in one hand, change in the other, and no cone.

So she went back to the store. Mr. Newman greeted her w/ a big grin. "You put it in your purse."
  2. ckball

ckball New Member

Great story and could very well be true. I haven't done that one, but guilty of many more forgetful moments.

Thanks for the laugh-Carla
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

For sure I do dumb stuff like this all the time. Don't know if it is the CFS or pushing 60.

Here is a list of similar stuff:

Walk specifically to one part of the house and have no idea what for.

Put the car keys in the fridge and put the eggs on the key shelf

Carefully pared down a piece of cheese so it would weigh about an ounce, then ate the ounce followed by the parings

I have no idea who keeps moving the following things:
    my shoes, my dh's shoes, my son's shoes
    my glasses, all four pairs of them
    pens and pencils
    any paperwork that is absolutely essential and needed now

I have yet to put an icecream cone in my purse, but once carefully wrapped some left over chinese food in a napkin,left that on the table, but instead, promptly put the cutlery in my purse as two sweet waitresses looked on aghast at such flagrant stealing!!!

The most awful thing was to sit on a toilet and not notice the lid was down.

I confess, I have it too. Goodness knows what I would do if Paul Newman was in the room and eating a donut!!!

Love Anne
  4. TerryS

TerryS Member

Showed up for a dentist's appointment one day a few summers ago. The staff recognized me when I walked in and questioned why I was there as I walked up to the window. I told them that we (my kids and I) had an appointment. I pulled out the appointment card and showed them. It clearly showed July (whatever) and the time.

They looked puzzled. The gal at the window looked through her schedule and saw nothing. She pulled up our account to the computer. She then turned to me and said "Terry, it's true that you had an appointment scheduled for _______, but that was LAST YEAR!!! Your appointment this time is actually TOMORROW!."

DUH!!!

Basically has gone downhill from there! Don't know where I am or where I'm going half the time now; however, I don't believe I've EVER dropped a cone of ice cream in my purse! (Besides, it wouldn't fit...too much other junk...excuse me, necessities in there!)

TerryS
  5. MoonChild611

MoonChild611 New Member

I've done quite a few silly and embarrassing things. One morning I woke up and walked into the kitchen and immediately started to look for coffee in all the wrong places... such as the oven. I used to show up at work on my day off thinking that I was on the schedule. One time I left an hour early because I thought it was time for me to leave. The sad thing is I kept looking at the clock to see what time it was. I constantly roam around my house cursing myself under my breath because I have no idea what I'm trying to accomplish. In an attempt to stay organized I'll put things away, but I won't remember where I put them. Sometimes they end up in really bizarre places.

I wouldn't blame it on your age because I'm only 20.