Brain Fog sillys

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by tandy, Apr 2, 2008.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

I don't have any new ones~ but I will Im sure :)

I just thought if anyone had any funny fibro-fog/memory stories to share,... it'd be nice for a few laughs.

I could use some cheer/smiles
  2. poets

poets Member

I don't know if this qualifies or not but I have two cats who love to get into chairs after you get up because they're so warm. I got up to take a shower and when I came back I saw where Gertie, the big black tabby, had settled in my chair. I reached up for my glasses and down I sat. I felt something soft, warm and a little "spongy" and thought to myself "What is that?" The it hit me. THE CAT!! Fortunately she wasn't hurt because I caught myself before all my weight was on her. She looked at me as if to say,"Why the heck did you go and do that?" I'd been looking right at her just a few seconds before I sat down. Poor kitty. Now she's hiding under the bed.
  3. gidgetsmom

gidgetsmom New Member

I was grilling some hamburgers outside day before yesterday.

After supper, my husband asked me if maybe the cheese belonged in the refrigerator.

When I looked in the direction he was pointing, there it was!!! On top of the refrigerator with the pot holders I'd been using!!

Oh well, at least it was "close" to the refrigerator!!
  4. emah

emah Member

I was talking with a friend whose name let's say is Misty. She is going on and on about herself and at some point uses her name to explain something.

I very seriously look at her and say "Who's Misty?"
    [This Message was Edited on 04/03/2008]
  5. landra

landra New Member

Sort of like the Misty story.

A friend was telling me a story about someoneon else. I asked "who is Betty?" Turns out it was not Betty but a similar name. Later, less than 5 minutes, I asked her again "Who is Betty?"
  6. rjsbow

rjsbow New Member

While getting ready to leave the house i thought i would take some soda with me. I opened the bottle then started pouring it in my pocket.Guess i was trying to take it with me.
  7. pattyholland

pattyholland New Member

tandy, i typed out my story and it went on a topic by its self..if you get a chance check it out i hope it makes you laugh.
  8. poets

poets Member

Then there's the ever present TV remote you try to call someone up with. Or else you get mad because the portable phone won't change the TV channels!
  9. whoachief

whoachief New Member

Lost my cell phone yesterday - looked for it, sat down to rest, looked again, sat down to rest (you know the drill!) Finally decided to call it from the house phone. Guess where I found it? THE KITCHEN SINK! Thank goodness I hadn't run any water in the sink. LOL
  10. Sunrise2780

Sunrise2780 New Member

The other nite I went to make myself a Crystal lite drink. I opened the small cup of the powdered drink & "poured it into the garbage bag"!
  11. tandy

tandy New Member

!!!!
    Thanking you all for the laughs.

Hugs
    Tandy
  12. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

cole slaw, and I put flour in it instead of sugar, my son was the one who asked what I was doing, he asked it I changed my recipe.

I was making a loaf of banana bread, and had to sit at the kitchen table to mash because of back pain. The loaf came out of the oven, and it tasted bad, I couldn't figure out what I had done wrong, (same recipe for years.) My dh started laughing. I forgot to put the bananas in the bread....Both of these happend in the same day.

Bevy
  13. 28years

28years New Member

i was drinking a cup of tea. the phone rang. I picked up the phone, but instead of putting the phone to my ear, I poured the tea in my ear (I was holding the tea in the hand I usually use for the phone), Luckily, the tea was only luke warm at that point-- I had forgotten I'd made it so I didn't drink it right away.
  14. poets

poets Member

The banana bread reminded me of the time a few years ago at Christmas when I was making peanut butter cookies. (You can see were this is going.) I put them in the oven and asked my son when I took them out why they didn't have much of an odor. I guess you'd call them "Twilight Zone" cookies. Yep! Forgot to add the peanut butter!!
  15. UsedtobePerkyTina

UsedtobePerkyTina New Member

I guess my favorite is when I put the bank deposit (business checks) into the mailbox. Got a call from the post master the next day, "We found a whole bunch of checks made out to your business yesterday in our mail."

Oh yes, and there is losing my phone once a week for a while. Had a lady call me from the phone saying she found it in a store. Also, went a week without it,then found it in my jacket pocket in the closet.

There's the time I went out the house and left the front door standing wide open. My husband was first one home that day.

Then there is forgetting whether I have taken the sleep medicine or not. So I don't know if I should take it. You don't want to take two and you don't want to try without it.

OH, and the time I got a business call from someone and I wrote down: Jeff, baseball, and the phone number. Two hours later, I couldn't remember who that was or what they wanted.

The worst time was when I had a computer guy trying to teach me how to post things on my business website. I was at the point of tears because I knew I wasn't going to remember it. I wrote it down, did each process three times and I knew I still didn't have it.

Tina
  16. renjanson

renjanson New Member

When traveling, my husband and I love to stop at these restaurants.

So they just built one in our town.

Everytime I have ever been in one, the ladies restroom was to the right.

So, naturally, I went to the right to go in the restroom to wash my hands.

This guy comes out of one of the stalls and says, "What are you doing in here?"

And I say, "What are you doing in here?"

I walk out and look at the sign and it was the men's.

I was really embarassed.

17. raven5000

raven5000 New Member

These have all made me laugh..and I have one from this morning, so I can remember to tell you! lol!

I was washing my face, brushing my teeth w/ bryllcream (LOL) and I started to put my contacts in...got the right side in and then started grabbing at the left one to TAKE IT OUT!!!! I hadn't put it in yet and almost peeled off my cornea trying to get it out!!! ahahahahahahahha!

ps...for another good laugh..check out my other post from today..."A MUST DO EXCERSIZE FOR FM/CFS SUFFEREERS"!
  18. tandy

tandy New Member

These are awsome!!
    see,... we NEED to laugh at ourselves.

19. renjanson

renjanson New Member

I just remembered this one.

I went to pick up a pizza for the family.

When I came out of the restaurant, I put the pizza on top of the car to open the door.

While I was driving home, I heard this flapping sound, looked in the rear view mirror and the pizza went flying off the roof right in the middle of the road.

A truck ran over it, or I would have stopped and saved it.

We didn't have pizza that night.
  20. UsedtobePerkyTina

UsedtobePerkyTina New Member

Ren, I have done that with sunglasses and beverages.

Tina