brain fog strikes again at my daughter's expense

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by griswoldgirl, Apr 8, 2003.

1. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

I was suppose to write a letter explaining why my daughter missed so much school at the beginning of the year, she had lyme disease at the time.

She was trying to get into a Magnet School for math and science. she had the grades, the attitude and everything she needed to get into that school and I forgot to write the letter.

I FORGOT, I ALWAYS FORGET, I HATE THIS DISEASE WITH ALL MY HEART AND SOUL AT THIS MOMENT.

There is nothing I can do, the deadline is gone her chance is gone due to my knucklehead memory and my procrastination. I will do it tommarrow is my favorit sentence. Do I ever do it??? no--and I wonder why my kids won't do what I want, shy should they.

I feel like a third of a person or even smaller at the moment, I want to run and run as fast as I can and just live by myself and have no on depending on me for anything because I am not dependable anymore--------great life we live huh?

thanks for listening

cathy
  2. bejo

bejo New Member

I know what you mean by forget.Sometimes I think I should change my name to "forgot or don't remember".Do you suppose if you called the school they would understand and let your daughter turn it in late? It might be worth a try.I'm lucky,my kids were all grown before I got fibro.I have enough trouble remembering for my husband and myself.He was diagnosed with Alz. last Oct.You can imagine how it will be around here as he progresses.(((()))) bejo
  3. goingslowlycrazy

goingslowlycrazy New Member

Aaaaaaw Cathy - my heart goes out to you.
    I did a similar thing last week. The school was allowing a 'go to work with your parents' day - and my 12 year old boy was so excited to be going to work in the Quarry with my partner (who is the site manager there - so he had promised him a ride in the 'big diggers'...).
    Except - I forgot to fill the form out giving permission.
    The crushed look on my son's face was like someone sticking a knife in me.
    We decided to live dangerously and let him go anyway and sent the form in the following day.
    I know just how you feel - I get so angry at myself....
    I have tried writing notes but I forget to read them, I have tried the Microsoft Outlook diary - but I keep forgetting to open it when I log in....doh!
    big hugs to you
    Mary x
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Make every phone call you can NOW, sometimes beaurocracy ( I think I'm spelling this wrong) is tough to penetrate, but the beaurocrats are just humans like us, and some may even have experience themselves or in their families with chronic illness----they may just understand, they just may bend the rules. It it certainly worth a try, and at least you will feel like you are DOING something to fix this! But also, cut yourself some slack, I'm sure your daughter's love is bigger than this; we all have to think "bigger picture" with this DD. But get on the phone, it may not be too late! There's an exception to every rule. Let us know how it comes out!!

Hugs,
    Pam