BRAIN FOG STRIKES AGAIN

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rockgor, Apr 8, 2006.

1. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I've been very productive the last two days. Did my taxes yesterday Today I did the dishes and threw stuff in the crockpot.

You guessed. Four hours later and I've just discovered it would be nice if someone plugged in the machine.

Oops. Have to get off.
  2. idjeepgirl

idjeepgirl New Member

I SOOOO feel your pain! Although I don't know what this "illness" of mine is, it totally sucks! If it is FMS as I am thinking it may be, I can see I've got a long road ahead.
    But fear not, at least you are not on extra drugs that "help" you to forget while controling your rare form of epilepsy. I get to take lots of fun anti-seizure meds known to cause forgetfulness on top of the "lupus" meds.

So to brighten your day here is what happened to me.......

Yesterday I thought I threw away a sizable refund check from our mogtage (sp) company. You know, the one that I was planning on using to help pay some of the lovely medical bills down with. Freaking out & searching frantically through the trash cans. Only later did I discover it was right where I left it (duh) On the back seat of the car after buckling my daughter in on the way to the bank. Needless to say, I managed to forget to go to the bank to deposit the dang thing.
    Gotta love this don't cha??

Cheers!
    Sabrina :eek:)
  3. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I'm glad the lady who thought she threw away a large check did eventually find it. Talk about stress!

As for the crock pot, I have been known to forget to turn on the oven. I did that recently and we had to have TV dinners for dinner instead of the nice meal I had fixed. Oh, well. We just had it the next night. I have also forgotten to turn off the oven. I try to remember to double check the oven now.

Ellen

4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

After I got the silly thing turned on I took a nap. When I woke up the stuff had burned. I ate it anyway. I didn't know you could burn stuff in a crockpot.

Now I am segueing into Alzheimer's. E.g., "Oh, it's raining. I have to go back and get an elevator."

Of course, I meant an umbrella. They don't even sound alike. Sometimes in the middle of a bridge hand I forget what cards have been played. My friends, who are also old, understand. If I'm playing on the internet tho, people generally get very annoyed.