Brain Fog

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JPach007, Sep 17, 2005.

1. JPach007

JPach007 New Member

I completely understand what brain fog is, but how do you improve it? Yesterday alone, I misplaced my cell phone, couldnt find my membership card to the gym, couldnt remember where I "hid" my credit card so I wouldnt use it. The box of cereal said to eat 2 bowls and lose 10 lbs, so I have been eating 2 bowls in the morning, when I am supposed to replace one meal with one bowl. Things like that make me feel so stupid.
    What kind of stuff do you all do to help improve your thinking ability?
  2. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

jpach007,
    Good morning :)
    Brain fog, well I've got lots of it at times. I think jumping around on my tramp helps. Sugar fogs me up quick and not drinking enough plain water. Drinking Green tea helps.
    Take care
    Dee50
  3. orachel

orachel New Member

I just put the almost full (hot) coffee carafe from my coffeemaker into the fridge!!! Hubby caught me, so came right out, but holy fogginess! LOL I'm asking my doc tomorrow (plus making him refer me to some memory/cognition/focus testing to document this weirdness for disability, as well as tell me what the hey diddle diddle diddle is going on with my brain!

Thanks for the post, will check for interaction probs then try EACH & EVERY one of the herbals suggested here.

Terrific post, JPACH007 (Bond fan?)...Lets hope we can keep this bumped for as much input as possible.

Thanks!!!
    Rachel (aka the crazy neurotic fluffball who does crazy schtuff like putting coffee pot into fridge! OY! LOL)
  4. orachel

orachel New Member

I just realized yesterday I left my heating pad on the "high" setting for 3 days! Lucky my house and family didn't burn down (Praise God!!!). I'm gonna start making me some checklists to check off before going to bed or leaving house...ie: oven off, doors locked, etc.

Happy trails!
    RAchel
  5. Mareeok

Mareeok New Member

My adult kids are always laughing at me. I always have to write down important things. I constantly forget where I am driving to even though I go there a lot. One day when I was still working and was in the kitchen making a cup of coffee I opened up the tiny half and half container (holds about 1/4 milk. I use three). I emptied the milk into the carbage can and put the empty container into my cup.

I don't know if it can be imoroved.