Brain fog

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by evol_or_revert, Oct 21, 2006.

1. evol_or_revert

evol_or_revert New Member

How about a funny post on the silly things you have done due to brain fog.

Today I decided to bake scones for lunch they are my specialty. so I whiped them together and put them in the oven, 10mins later I realise that when I thought I had put the baking powder in I had really gone and got a chair to sit on and completely forgot about it even though I do remember putting it away when I tidied up.

So much for scones for lunch.
  2. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

That is too funny Hayley!

Sorry about your scones Evol. (I love your name by the way!)

I made a apple crumble pie for Christmas last year. My in-laws were really nice considering I forgot to put the sugar in it! LOL Good thing there was sugar in the crumble crust or it would have be a write off!

I have locked myself out of the house, or the car to many times to count! Keep spare keys stashed around!

Forgot to pick up the kids.

Put the dog outside and forgot where I put her (good thing her yard is fenced.)

Missed so many hair appointments I am surprised my hair dresser hasn't given up on me!

There is more.... I just forget! LOL

hugs all Redwillow

3. Gothbubbles

Gothbubbles New Member

When I was first getting to know my boyfriend, I remember him telling me a story about how he was hit by a car. A car!

And I was like: "Wow, you were hit by a CAR?!"

Of course I had told him about my memory (used the movie Memento as an example), so he responds, to my surprise: "Hon, I know you don't remember, but I've told you this story twice before, and each time I told you, you say the exact same thing, exactly the same way"

I had absolutely no memory of it.

I use this to explain to friends and coworkers how bad my memory is, so they don't get suprised!

I remember telling a friend a story "I was chatting with a couple of friends about allergies, and one of my friends is deadly allergic to chocolate! How awful!"

She replies: "I was there for that, that was me."

Oooops.

I've begun to write down some of my best aphasias:

"My handwriting isn't very edible (I've also said eligable)(oops legible)"
    "You should be able to grow (oops BUILD!) your house right next to it."
    "Let me drink (swallow) my drugs"
    Bowl of strawberries? Strawberryland
    Thermometer? Fevermeter
    Sugar snap peas? Peababies
    Homewrecker? Housebreaker
    Feet? Floor mitts

Most of my apahsias are just confusing, though I only get about a dozen per conversation!