Brain Fog

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by maps, Nov 5, 2006.

1. maps

maps New Member

Hi everyone:

Has anyone found anything to help with brain fog. I have gone through three traumas this summer, my jack russell was run over and died, my brother in Ottawa had a heart attack and was told he had an anurisim (sp) in the bottom of his heart (not untill two weeks ago did they tell him that it would scar over in three months.

My mother lives in England and I talk to her almost every week but the last couple of times things were not right and so I called my other brother in England and he said she had fallen a few times and he though that she was overdosing on her medication. Anyway I decided to go and unfortunately she died three days later.

I know all these things can cause a crash which I am recovering from but I have paperwork and such to do and I just cant clear my head even for a few hours.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards maps
  2. deliarose

deliarose New Member

until i got on anti-virals....

It started to lift when I took Valtrex.. and has continued on transfer factor.

( i only did the valtrex for a month or so before switching to transfer factor.)

I take all the usual supps...gingko bilboa, phosphatidly serine..lecithin ...blah, blah, but I had to get a handle on the viral problem before I saw any real improvement.

Also, I think the glutathione is helping with that problem too.. by clearing out all the toxins I had amassed in 10 years of being ill.

Glutathione can be pricey (there are a couple of oral supps called Essential GSH or Lipolow) .. and then there's what has been called a poor man's glutathione.. which is undenatured whey.. ImmunoPro ... RenewPro etc... which are glutahione precursors.

Good luck
    delia

3. maps

maps New Member

Thanks Carla

Yes I did have mycoplasma and was on antibiotics for three years. My doctor did tests last week, have not heard yet.

It's an interesting thought though as I caught a cold while away and was very sick for about three weeks I think I will call tommorrow.

regards maps
  4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I am so sorry for your losses and for the difficult time you've been going through.

I only know one thing that helped me with the brain fog and it was when I started taking a magnesium/calcium/zinc supplement. I felt better (fog wise) within 2 days and haven't really had what we refer to as brain fog since.

Cognitive difficulties...yes, but not the brain fog.

Hugs,

Nancy B
  5. 143alan

143alan New Member

You have had such traumatic losses so close together and that can certainly make brain fog worse. It looks like others have given some good tips and since I've not tried anything for my own brain fog I don't have anything to share.

I just wanted to say I'm so sorry for your losses and the emotional pain I know you are in which only makes the physical pain that much worse.

Take Care sweetie
    Nancy
  6. maps

maps New Member

Thank you all for your replies. I have made a list of the suggestions (otherwise I will forget).

I have some coq10 so I think I will try that first. It is so frustrating when you cant think I have it a lot but usually get an hour or so a day where I am relatively clear.

Thanks again, maps
  7. deliarose

deliarose New Member

i use immunopro and Essential GSH and IVs..

I couldn't vouch for one particular brand of oral over another though.

BTW. were u treated by de Meirleir and what did u think of him and his protocol?

delia
  8. place

place New Member

I eat 1/2 cup of blueberries and 5 oz of salmon and 100% of the time my mind is working like a dream the next day.

Unfortunatly, I have food allergies if I eat something to much so I eat them both, on opposit days, 2x a week.

I think it has to do with the anti flam properties in the foods. The fish is the best, I just wish I could eat it everyday!