Brain Fog

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chris3251, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Chris3251

Chris3251 New Member

As I have just been recently diagnosed with both CFS and FM, I'm trying to understand the terminology so please forgive me if some of my questions are really basic.

What exactly is brain fog?
  2. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

Hi Chris3251 first welcome to the board you will find more information then you know what to do with here and you will find people that not only know what your going through but will support you. The best way I can explain Fibro Fog or Brain Fog is you spend a half hour looking for your car keys and they have been in your hand the whole time. lol. It can be funny sometimes but a little more serious other times. I no longer drive at night because I keep ending up on the other side of the street without even knowing I'm on the wrong side till I see headlights coming toward me. Since I did that twice with my kids in the car both times I decided not to drive at night anymore. Others don't have that problem. I'm sure you will get a lot more answers to this as the day wears on. Many people on here have funny stories about their Fibro Fog.........SueF
  3. Chris3251

Chris3251 New Member

That makes sense. I've pulled the driving the wrong way trick. LOL. I made a left turn at an intersection but in the lane of oncoming traffic. My daughter was with me but luckily it was very early in the morning with very little traffic so I pulled a "U-ie" right in the middle of the road. My daughter still tells everyone about that brain cramp..LOL.

I think I'm suffering from brain fog quite a bit right now. I have to make a list for EVERYTHING, even day to day stuff or I forget. I forget certain terms or phrases, I'll be in mid-sentence and completely forget what I was talking about, I transpose numbers and letters. I make basic grammar mistakes like "there" instead of "their", things I've always been a fanatic about. I may forget how to do something procedural that I've done forever. I could go on for days but I just attributed all of this to stress or something.

Thanks for explaining it to me!
  4. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

http://www.cfidsselfhelp.org/artcl_treating_fog.htm

http://fmaware.org/patient/research/cognitive.htm

There are so many good web sites out there with the info you need.
    Sorry, I just went blank again.

Check out these web sites when you have time.

God bless, Julie
  5. Kayleen

Kayleen New Member

Before I was diagnosed I was having horrible brain fog.
    I'd sit at my computer and couldn't think. I'd go to the drive up at the fast food place and drive off without getting my food. I'd be talking and forget simple words.
    I call it brain dead. Thank God I found a doctor that has helped me.

Kayleen
  6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

confusion and forgetfulnes. Typing or saying the wrong word. Misplacing wallet, keys, glasses, etc.

Yup, it's funny now and then, but mostly very annoying.