Brain inflammation and CFS.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ljimbo42, Mar 3, 2015.

1. ljimbo42

ljimbo42 Active Member

I don't know if this study has been posted yet. It's a small study showing that levels of brain inflammation are higher in people with CFS than in people without CFS, dated April 4, 2014. They actually have 15 pictures of brain inflammation in people with CFS, through PET imaging.

(underlining and bolding are mine)

I am becoming more and more convinced that brain inflammation is a major cause of symptoms in CFS. My personal feeling is that lipopolysaccharides (LPS) from gram negative bacteria in the gut play a big role in the cause of the neuro-inflammation, in many cases.

There have been studies done that use LPS to cause brain inflammation. Given that I know I have a pathogenic level of gram negative bacteria in my gut (a source of LPS), through testing. For me, it's not a big leap to believe LPS are involved in my CFS-maybe even the primary cause.
    Here is the link to the study-
    RadioFM likes this.
  2. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member

It's the immune response to (LPS) that is driving the inflammation.

The first step in healing is to modulate the immune system and restore cellular integrity

Ginger and the immune system

"At least one component of ginger is immunosuppressive as pointed out in the 2011 publication Immunosuppressive activity of 8-gingerol on immune responses in mice.“8-gingerol is one of the principal components of ginger, which is widely used in China and elsewhere as a food, spice and herb. It shows immunosuppressive activity on the immune responses to ovalbumin (OVA) in mice. In the present study, we found that 8-gingerol suppressed lipopolysaccharide (LPS) and concanavalin A (ConA)-stimulated splenocyte proliferation in vitro. In vivo, 8-gingerol not only significantly suppressed Con A-, LPS- and OVA-induced splenocyte proliferation (P < 0.05) but also decreased the percentage of CD19+ B cells and CD3+ T cell (P < 0.05) at high doses (50, 100 mg/kg). Moreover, OVA-specific IgG, IgG1 and IgG2b levels in OVA-immunized mice were reduced by 8-gingerol at doses of 50, 100 mg/kg. These results suggest that 8-gingerol could suppress humoral and cellular immune responses in mice. The mechanism might be related to direct inhibition of sensitized T and B lymphocytes.”

See more here:

Note: 8-gingerol, is the active constituent of fresh ginger.

See more References below:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  3. RadioFM

RadioFM Active Member