Brain tumor not malignant

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JimCoyote1942, Jun 20, 2006.

1. JimCoyote1942

JimCoyote1942 New Member

I finally received my MRI results. It was just as the article from the UTMB in Galveston said. It is a tumor on the aural nerve and affects balance and hearing in one ear. It has to be removed or it will paralyze my face. The good news that now, instead of surgery a radiation treatment in Houston will do the job. I am now also on Cymbalta and Lyrica and diagnosed with Fibro finally.
    I want to thank all of you who helped me with my anxiety and referred me to the paper. I re-read your comments and the article many times. You are great people!!
  2. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

JimCoyote1942,
    That is great news!I wish you well with the treatment in Houston.
    Your bio is very interesting. You say you are interested in Eastern Spirituality? As in reincarnation?
    I know I'm off topic, but you have got me wondering!
    Take Care,
    Cindy
  3. yourtroubl

yourtroubl New Member

Best place to go I hear.

Good luck. I am sorry for the tumor but glad you can be treated.
  4. tonakay

tonakay New Member

That's FANTASTIC news!! Woo Hoo !!
  5. Line

Line New Member

Not that you have a tumor but knowing it can be treated. Also that you got a FM dx, at least now you know what you are dealing with.

Good luck on your treatment, Linda
  6. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I have goosebumps.

Excellent!!!!!!!!

Marta
  7. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I`m glad its not malignant and that there is a treatment. Best of luck with it!

Sandy
  8. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...with symptoms like yours----this was years ago, when surgery was her only option. I am SO glad you are able to do radiation instead!!! It wasn't the brain tumor that killed her, it was the surgery because it was very delicate given the placement of the tumor. She had terrible balance problems & went two years before being properly dx'd, which didn't help matters.

Thank God for more cutting edge techniques to deal with stuff like this! I have leukemia now, and am receiving treatment that has improved in the past ten years---I am grateful to be living in these times, where my survival is far from assured but better than in the past.

Good luck to you, Jim----I hope the radiation goes smoothly and you are living a normal life again soon!!!

Hugs,
    Pam
  9. optimistic1

optimistic1 New Member

I was "new" here when I read your first post about your terrible problem and I felt so very sorry for you. I'm sure you were very worried and frightened.

Thank goodness all is well. I'm sorry you have another procedure coming up but at least its not surgical and you already know that the outcome will be okay.

Congratulations!!!

Arlene
  10. kjfms

kjfms Member

Great News!!

So happy for you. I am glad the article helped. It sounded familiar...then it hit me I posted that article duh...LOL

I have such brain fog these days.

Anyway...I am very happy for you!! :)

Karen
    [This Message was Edited on 06/21/2006]