Brain waves causing headaches?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dani78xo, Mar 19, 2007.

1. dani78xo

dani78xo New Member

I went to see this neuroendocrinologist last week, and he told me that he thinks what I've had all these months aren't actual migraines, but probably something caused by either brainwaves or hormones?

I was born two months premature, so he's having them do an EEG on me to see if my brainwaves are normal.

Anyone ever heard of abnormal brainwaves causing migraine-type headaches?
  2. Shalala

Shalala New Member

I am not sure. Going to my 2nd Neuro visit 3/30 and will bring this up. All he has done so far is tell me I have sleep apnea and to take 300mgs of Lyrica which I got sick on.
  3. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

Brain waves are measured during a sleep study but it looks over the entire brain's dominate waves.

Alpha, Beta, Gamma + Delta are the 1st 4 letters of the Greek alphabet but are stages of sleep. Delta is the deepest sleep involving dreaming and rapid eye movement (REM). Many meds & alcohol disrupt these 90 min cycles.

I've heard that lack of proper sleep can cause headaches. Is that what he was referring too???

Big changes in hormones can cause headaches too. Phyto- + Xeno- Estrogens are in the news lately. Phyto from plants like Soy, Lavender & Tea Tree. Xeno from plastizers (they soften plastics).