Brainfog ruining your life?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 3gs, Feb 8, 2010.

1. 3gs

3gs New Member

It seems like my brainfog issuses are ruining my life,not only have I made bad finical decisions but now family is turning away.

My daughter screamed at me about forgetting and having trouble trouble making decisions all the time. Now my biggest supporter has walked away-even tho she understands and has a daughter with this.

How many times can you explain what its like? You try to get things done but don't know how to proceed. Think I now understand what my stepdad who has Aliz's feels like. The frustation and not understanding why people get so mad at you,when you cant understand or remember.

I'm not doing or getting things done because I don't want too. Its because I can't figure out what to do next!

Would just like to become a hermit in the woods...tired of the pain,unpredicability with this dd,ignorant docs and not being socially acceptable.

thanks for listening
  2. mjbean

mjbean New Member

Oh how I hear you on this matter..I can't believe someone else has said that they would like to become a hermit in the woods, I also can not remember a lot of things, and it is so amazing how this has become a way of life for me it is almost like it doesn't matter anymore to me if people do not understand, and that is even my family. If they can not understand by now that they need to give me a break and understand this is something we did not ask for I guess that means I need to take care and not feel guilty anymore what is the situation is the situation.. I do know how frustrating it all can be I feel so bad for all who have the brainfog because it is not easy. I don't think that there is enough paper and pens in this world for me to write everything down that I need to remember and enough tape to post the notes all over the house, heck by the time I remember where the note should be I forget why or what I am doing things for. 3gs cheer up we all understand you and feel what you are feeling. I do know that I have told my family that we will play charades alot ... Take care and do not be so hard on yourself we can only take one day at a time and one thought at a time ... mjbean
  3. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

I know how you feel. I was a wiz at my job and finances.

Now, I cant balance a checkbook. I have to pay everything with money orders....and I usually forget to pay things even then.

I was a supervisor - now I am barely able to make the minimum quality and production.

I have noticed a great deal of help with TIZANIDINE. It is prescribed for muscle spasms, but, I take 3 at night (as prescribed) by the doc to help me sleep. This has helped my brainfog to some extent.
  4. 3gs

3gs New Member

Thank you all for responding.

mj can totally relate to the paper blizzard! I even got a recorder to carry,but lets see ummmwhere did I put that?

I take vit3 grapeseed extract,theres over 1,000.00 of supps in my cupboard.

It just happened that because of stress,flare brainfog was worse and it happened that 2 family members(its been complained about before) let loose. but like I said sick of this whole thing.
  5. cpdwife1519

cpdwife1519 New Member

I completely understand you , please post to us we will support you.
    I myself lost my job recently due to memory issues...and yes it was my FMS.
    I am at a loss of what to do other than to just file ssi. I am young but I pray
    this gets better!
    we are here for you+
  6. nanannan

nanannan New Member

Try taking vitamin B12 with methylcobalomin. You can get it at any health food store. I complained to my doctor about loss of balance and he suggested that I take the vitamin 12 w/methylcobalomin, and I do believe that my brainfog if lifting. I can remember things now, make a grocery list for my daughter without forgetting to list those things that I need. She doesn't yell at me anymore.
  7. dmholmes

dmholmes New Member

Yes it was. Not sure if fatigue is worse, or brain fog. At least without the brain fog you have a chance to research/comprehend information to try and fight the fatigue.

My brain fog went away fairly quickly when I started an active B12 protocol. It is one of, or a combination of methylcobalamin, adenosylcobalamin, or methylfolate that worked for me. Jarrow or Enzymatic therapy if you want to try methylcobalamin. Country Life for the adenosylcobalamin. Hold the sublinguals in for at least 45 minutes daily.

Take care,
  8. nanannan

nanannan New Member

I take B12 with methylcobalamin 1000 mcg daily, and believe the brain fog is lifting. I use the tablets sublinqually but they melt in about 10-15 minutes. I don't think they would last 45 minutes. Advise.
  9. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

Come pull up a trailor, I have 40 acres of woods we all could help each other remember stuf haha. I have the same problems cant remember anything and constantly writing things down, little notes everywhere. But I dont get hasseled by anyone cause noone ever comes around. my kids do call me a hermit but theres no place id rather least its peaceful here listening to the birds, watching wildlife and my three sweet dogs. God bless
    [This Message was Edited on 02/11/2010]
  10. 3gs

3gs New Member

Thank You again for all the responses. I do take supps,the ones you all suggested but think I need to up the b12.

Brainfog seems to get worse if I have pushed it. I went to far the other day and didnt recognize my niece!

Campbeck-I have thought about selling everything buying a trailer and parking in the great outdoors! It sounds wonderful.

God bless
  11. JaneSmith

JaneSmith New Member

Have you tried Grapeseed and CoQ10? I use it daily. No more brainfog. And before those 2 supplements, I had wicked bad brainfog......

(try eliminating bread for 2 weeks too - that helps some people I'm told)
  12. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Wait! What were we talking about?

I had brain fog for a couple decades. Now have segued into Alzheimer's.

Wrote a check yesterday, but got the amount wrong. Last week I drove around
    downtown Los Angeles in the rain during rush hour. Couldn't find the trail of crumbs
    to lead me back home.

Today I tried to go to the library, but got on the wrong freeway. I used to belong
    to Mensa. Now I'm dumb enough to run for office. As the old song put it,
    "Life gets Teejus, Don't it?"

13. simonedb

simonedb Member

what state do you live in the woods? I am in the midwest so it would be way snowy and cold and I wouldnt want to have to deal with digging out although it would be pretty.
  14. dmholmes

dmholmes New Member

I haven't tried methylcobalamin brands other than the 2 recommended at, but I can easliy get the Jarrow to dissolve for almost 2 hours. The longer the sublingual dissolves the more absorption you get. As stated in that B12 protocol, 45 minutes (10%) gets you 100mcg from the 1000mcg sublingual.

I've tried hydroxycobalamin sublinguals that definitely wouldn't last even 45 minutes.

15. sharon5650

sharon5650 New Member

Imagine having ADHD along with the Fibromyalgia Brain Fog, Well...this is me !
    I really really have such a hard time keeping up with yep me ! never mind anyone else. I am a complete mess at times.

Actually I feel ditsy, lol
  16. onset1990

onset1990 Member

I miss being able to find solutions for problems. Now I ruminate all the time about things and can't come up with a solution. It's as if something's missing in there. I think it's worse when I'm having a flare because of, like, slush in the know, chemicals from being overworked or overexrecised..oops see, cant type either. what i mean is, i thnk my brain gets polluted.

vitamins, etc help my overall energy level but not brain slush. i used to be a vitamin junkie. when i got cFS, i can hardly tolerate anything now except very tiny doses of things.

oh well...