Braing Tingling / Virus - anyone get it?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Wolverine, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Wolverine

Wolverine Member

Hi all. I've just had yet another flu, third this year. In fact I think ive only not 'had something' for about 2 months out of this whole year.

I've also had, for most of the past time since Adrenal Insufficiency diagnosis and being on hydrocortisone, tingling sensations in the brain. This is on and off and can be severe or mild, but since these constant flus this year its been worse than ever.

When it's bad I can't use my brain at all, all neurological symptoms, light and noise sensitivity is far worse, etc. The last few days its been so bad that I feel like I'm bordering on seizure activity. If I try to watch TV or anything it comes on really strong. Its hard to even type this right now with the screen brightness turned right down.

I've had this flu thing about 8 days now and the last few days have been the highest stress dosing up to about 65mg HC. Today was so bad with inner shakes, coldness and the severe brain tingling that im up to 75mg, probably end up above 80 before sleeping. That's a huge dose if you know about HC doses. Always try to take as low as possible until I start really slipping with all the common low cortisol symptoms etc.

This brain thing is just really scary & wonder if anyone else has had it with a virus/infection etc. Don't want to go to ER unless I actually had a seizure or something because I feel the light and noise stress of just being there would make things much worse. I just hope it improves the next few days.

Anyone else get this tingling in the brain, especially with colds/flus etc?

Thanks. ~Chris.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We should always call our docs when we have new symptoms. This does, indeed, sound as though it could be seizure activity. Good luck.

Love, Mikie