Brainstorm?? Have $100/cuppa coffee== why didn't I think of it?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by victoria, Apr 26, 2008.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

I had a brainstorm the other day.!

It must have flooded my memory....
    because now I don't remember what it was....

It could've been a multi-million $ idea like this (very real) product:

The World's Most Expensive Cup Of Coffee
    April 10, 2008
    A cup of coffee touted as the most expensive in the world has gone on sale for £50 (in London). The extra special brew is a blend of Jamaican Blue Mountain and the exclusive Kopi Luwak bean, which is collected from cat droppings.

De'Longhi's Caffe Raro was created by David Cooper, an international barista judge. It is being sold this month at the Peter Jones department store in London's Sloane Square.

Customers can choose from the usual range of coffees, including espresso, which also sells for £50 a shot.

why couldn't I think of this one...

ok the obvious next thought is what you'd nickname it --

'crappucino', anyone?

Sorry, rambling here... this is just unbelievable tho.

[This Message was Edited on 04/27/2008]
  2. bct

bct Active Member

I always wondered what the genets or civets liked about the outside of the coffee bean. Presumably the exterior is tasty!

Interesting that there is anyone in the world who would PAY that much for ANY kind of beverage. We live in strange times, do we not?
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

America's greatest humorist, wrote a column on this bit of cockeyed craziness some years ago.

Apparently there are large numbers of people who will pay almost any price for almost anything if it is:

sold on E-bay
    has a designer name, or
    was once touched by a celebrity.

Evidently many people have not heard of the law of diminishing returns.

4. joyfully

joyfully New Member

That person was probably related to the guy who figured out that you can eat bird nest soup. It is the spit from the bird that holds the nest together.

People do something (soak???) the nest to get all the spittle off of the nest. Then they EAT it. YUCK!
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

that was exactly my question Kina, LOL; and you probably have the answer, Joyfully!!!!

Excess is always 'in' for those who can afford it, I think... really puts things into perspective!