Brand New Help!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by susabar, Nov 13, 2002.

1. susabar

susabar New Member

I am new to everything, I have not been offically diagnosed with anything, but I SUSPECT fibromyalgia. I have spent the last 10 days being sick, have been to the ER twice, no one is giving me an answer, I keep getting referred elsewhere. My latest referall to a Rheumologist has a 3 month wait for new patients. I am not allowed to return to work without a Doctor's clearance and so far I can't get one. ( I still don't feel up to working.) My short term disability kicks in on Monday, should I just go with it till someone helps me in the health care community???
    Thanks...
    Sue
  2. susabar

susabar New Member

I am new to everything, I have not been offically diagnosed with anything, but I SUSPECT fibromyalgia. I have spent the last 10 days being sick, have been to the ER twice, no one is giving me an answer, I keep getting referred elsewhere. My latest referall to a Rheumologist has a 3 month wait for new patients. I am not allowed to return to work without a Doctor's clearance and so far I can't get one. ( I still don't feel up to working.) My short term disability kicks in on Monday, should I just go with it till someone helps me in the health care community???
    Thanks...
    Sue
  3. kadywill

kadywill New Member

and maybe if you do get the rest and recuperative time you need, you won't end up as sick as some of the rest of us. One of my dumbest moves was to push and push and push myself, ignoring my needs, just to impress those around me. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Who knows what you may have....maybe, you'll be the lucky one with something curable. Here's hoping!
    Love,
    Kady
  4. teach6

teach6 New Member

If you are not allowed to go back to work take this as an opportunity to rest up and take care of yourself. Even if you do end up having FM you won't be feeling as bad as those of us who literally worked until we dropped.

Barbara
  5. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

I was told in 1990 that I wouldn't be working much longer, but I toughed it out until this past August. I have been paying for it ever since. Use your time off to rest up. If you do have fibro, it should help. If you don't, it can't hurt. If you start felling a lot better, you can always say that to your regular doc & he can sign the release. Also, if you do have it, and need to leave your job, the time spent on STD should help you in your fight with Social Insecurity. Good luck!
    Kathryn
  6. granmama

granmama New Member

Do take advantage of this opportunity to get some quality rest until your appointment!

I too went down the go, go, and go some more route until I couldn't go any more. The weekly bloodletting, my mom's care and death, depression and the pain after it was all over with was relentless.
    Looking back, I wish I could of had some time for rest, but everyday had something new to do. Finally, I just crawled into my bed, covered my head and said no more. I wanted out, why not, no mom, a life sentence of iron overload and it's risks, and then the damn Fibro dx.

I too had to wait about 3 months to see a rheumy who gave me the dx of Fibromyalgia. But to get a confirmed dx is worth the wait. He also can help with getting you a disability placard for your car.

I wish only the best for you and a gentle hug,
    granmama
  7. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Welcome to the board, I agree with Kady too, take the time and rest, and lets hope you have something that is cureable, not FM/CFS!

You might just need to rest and get your body back in shape.

I have Fibro, the pain is unbearable at times, and when I rest its a whole lot better.

I could never work out again, that would be impossible.

Again, welcome to the board, and hope you get some help soon.

Shalom, Shirl