Brand new to postin here. Just saying hello!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Natedagw821, Mar 3, 2003.

1. Natedagw821

Natedagw821 New Member

Hello everyone!
    I'm usually on the boards at www.fibrohugs.com. I just found out about this great website a few days ago.

A littl about me:
    Well, just like the rest of you, I suffer with Fibromyalgia. I was diagnosed in May of 2002. I'm 20 years old and I'm a college student majoring in Computer Science/ Software Engineering. This whole thing started back in '01 when I was big-time into lifting weights. Ever since I was diagnosed my life has been very different. I've had to adjust to a different life style, as the rest of you have. Well, gotta go. Just wanted to say hi and I'll definitly be on these boards from here on out!
    Keep the faith and remember this: "God WONT give you want you CAN'T handle."
    Hugs,
    Nathan
  2. VickyB

VickyB New Member

Welcome to the board! What good advice you have given us and to be so young. Good luck to you!!
  3. layinglow

layinglow New Member

Glad you found us....pop in often and give us your young perspective *wink* I for one could use some youthful enthusiasm! Be well....
    LL
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Glad you found us! I am interested in hearing from the "youthful" crowd (and we are getting more & more of you) how you manage college, which can be stressful & exhausting in itself, with fibro. We have several college students here, so you'll be in good company. I am toying with the idea of going back to college at age 46 (I have a BA from my pre-fibro days) but am concerned about the workload, etc.---maybe just part-time. I imagine you have had to find strategies & ways to adjust that work for you, so I am anxious to hear more from you in the future. This is a great site, I have learned so much about fibro itself, treatments & just day-to-day coping here!

Nice to have you with us!

Hugs,
    Pam
  5. camelgirl

camelgirl New Member

and welcome...don't mind them about the age thing, i'm 25 and they still talk to me:)hahaha....where are you from?...i live in tampa and work a part time job here...you'll get a lot of great advice here and compassion when you need it and can't get it from people who don't understand.
    peace,hugs,god bless, camelgirl
  6. LeLeHpr

LeLeHpr New Member

Looking forward to hearing more about you! I am young as well....Well, ancient compared to you..LOL I am 26 and am working full time and trying to go to school part time. Also, I am married and a care giver for my mother in law who has AD. So, I like a lot of others here juggle more than just FMS..LOL It is the amazing grace of God! Keep it up!
    [This Message was Edited on 03/04/2003]
  7. Reg1

Reg1 New Member

Welcome Nathan, Glad your here with us. Great bunch of people. Try the chat room sometimes, its refreshing and gives you something to take your mind away from this crazy DD. God Bless Reg
  8. Natedagw821

Natedagw821 New Member

Wowzers:
    Hello guys, thanks for such a warm welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm totally exhausted today, had a long day! I'll try to answer a few questions. Well, I'm from good ole Michigan!!! BRRRR its cold up here! =)
    and yes I'll BE 21 in 7 days! So HAH to all who make fun of me being 20! in 7 days i'll be an adult! THERE!
    All I can say is thank you all for such a warm welcome!!!! I'll definitly be on these boards alot!
    Thanks again and God bless!! YOUR words trully mean a lot!!!!!!!!!!take care
    hugs,kisses, and massages,
    Nathan