brand new to this site

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nyssagirl, May 1, 2006.

1. nyssagirl

nyssagirl New Member

Hi, I was looking for a Support group for Fibromyalgia and came upon this site. I haven't been able to find a group in our area. Would like to join in and talk to some of you about this painful disease we all share.
    My prayers to all of you!
    Nyssagirl
  2. nyssagirl

nyssagirl New Member

I am from Oregon!
  3. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

Hi there and welcome to the site.

Would be glad to chat, answer questions or whatever with you.

4. nyssagirl

nyssagirl New Member

I want to thank you dragon 06. Where are you located?
    nyssagirl
  5. nyssagirl

nyssagirl New Member

Dragon 06,
    This is my first time here, are we supposed todo a profile? Where do you go to read the profiles of others?
    Duh......
    nyssagirl
  6. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I am located in NJ. You can click on the person's username to view thier profile and there should be a link at the top of the page for you to "view your profile/edit your profile" to take care of your own.

Profiles just help people get some background info so they can help better.
  7. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I'm from Virginia! I have FMS also and other illnesses. Glad you found us and welcome again!

Hugs,
    Faye =^,,^=
  8. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i'm from san francisco area...

jodie
  9. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Welcome. You will find many friends here. Are you currently in pain? Many of us get acute flares and relapses, others constand pain.

Love Anne C
  10. nyssagirl

nyssagirl New Member

I was so pleasantly surprised when I got on here this morning and saw all my reply's!! I was diagnosed with FMS in 84. I am never without pain. Sometimes it gets better, sometimes worse.....mine is mostly on my left side, in the back and ribs. I have bad fibro fog a lot and memory problems. Just drives me crazy!! How about you, how is your pain? Is it constant?
    Thanks for your reply!!!
    nyssagirl
  11. nyssagirl

nyssagirl New Member

Hi my friends, I wasn't on the computer yesterday at all, but this morning you should have seen the smile on my face when I had all these wonderful "WELCOME" reply's!!! Thank you for all your help. I am so happy to be a part of this.
    The sun is shining in Oregon and it is supposed to be in the 60's today. That should help the aching some!!
    Hugs,
    Nyssagirl
  12. nyssagirl

nyssagirl New Member

Thanks for the welcome! My sis and I took a trip to San Francisco last Summer, what a beautiful state you live in. We loved it so much, we are going again this year, health permitting!
    Have a good day!
    Lynda
  13. puddin827

puddin827 New Member

I am new to this site also. I have CFS, FMS, Arth. and numerous others and it sucks. I have no insurance to go to a doc.right now so I pretty much suffer right now, besides the darvocet I get from my mom!!!
  14. tandy

tandy New Member

Welcome!! wow! that name is rough on me!!!LOL
    I had to keep looking back just to be sure I spelled it right. :) brainfog

Anyhoo- I'm glad your here,..but sorry you have this dreaded disease/illness.
    Its extremely hard living with this Fibro.

I don't know about you but for me its progressed alot over the yrs. And its so hard to treat or find something that works!!

just wanted to say hello~
    Hope you stick around.
    Hugs
    Tandy
    Located in NY[This Message was Edited on 05/03/2006]
  15. gmom605

gmom605 New Member

WELCOME ABOARD!!!

,,,,GMOM,,,,,
  16. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

warm welcome to you youve found a great site here the best.
    We all look out for each other & support,advise & help each other as were all in the same boat.
    You have a true friend in me im here for you whenever you want me if you leave me a mail i wil get back to you when i can ok?
    I live in bolton england i will look out for your posts ok keep in touch.
    May god bless you & yours.
    Fibrolady37.
  17. nyssagirl

nyssagirl New Member

Thank you so much for taking the time to write. Wow!!! You are from England? Wow, that is great, getting to hear from someone that far away!! I am sorry you have FMS too!! It is a pretty rough way to have to live. Mine has gotten a lot worse in the past 5 years, or so. I was diagnosed in the 80's, but I know I have had it from when I was young, I just didn't know what it was. It will be fun to get to know you. I will be back on here probably this evening.
    God Bless, my friend,
    Lynda
  18. nyssagirl

nyssagirl New Member

Hi, nice to hear from you. I also have arthiritis and several other illness's. Sometimes it is hard to keep going. It is nice to have someone to talk to who understands. Medications are so expensive these days, it is terrible. I will say a prayer for you and your situation. Hang in there.
    Big Hugs!
    Lynda
  19. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

I am from Indiana and the best thing that I ever discovered was the website!!! When I post a message and am discouraged, you can not imagine the wonderful, uplifting replys i get.

we are always here to just listen too. When you have an especially bad day. come here and tell us all about it. There are so many who care and will replay. We will listen to you.

I have had FMS (diagnosed) for about 4 years, osteoarthritis, and spinal stenosis. I know that you hurt - we care and will listen.

Gentle Hugs and Love,

Joan
  20. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Yes I get flares, though some pain is always constant, but many here are bedridden with pain. I get mine on the left too. So we are twins(LOL)!!!

Be well.

Love Anne C