Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MsBrandywine, May 17, 2012.

1. MsBrandywine

MsBrandywine Member

A quick post here..
    Have You women noticed that where we have the pain in the middle of our backs. it is where our Bras for most of us.. they connect in the back?
    I have noticed this lately for it hurts there and it like sweats in that area .. I am wondering if there isnt a pulling of sorts in there for it to flare up that or.. they are either too tight or not enough support and that is why we get the chest wall pain?
    I have read a few older posts and they mention about where the top of their breast come. up and on the side.. makes me wonder if there is something to that with our bras..
  2. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

I definitely think you are right on the issue of bras and pain where the hook up in the back.

I wear Rhonda Shear's Ahh bra which is sold on HSN. They are so comfortable. No hooks at all. There is one style that can be worn that is thinner but doesn't provide support enough to get your breasts up half way between your elbow and shoulder where a good bra should get you to. They just came out with a new style that is supportive.

I have worn these bras for a number of years and I rarely can even feel it on me. Very comfortable and no pressure on trigger points.
  3. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I am quite over weight and I have a struggle to find a bra that fit my girth around . Every bra I find htat goes around my body is a DD or DDD and I am not a D or even a C. But a B cup and they dont' make that cup size and the fit of the bra to go around my body.
    What size would I get in an Ahh Bra? I have watched HSN and have the same question, if I get the size that fits around my body or tee shirt size 2x I am worried that they will be huge in the cups. I don't want to spend alot of money only to have to send it back becasue it does not fit. It is not the cost that bothers me but having to send it back do to the fit or lack of fitting my body.

Thanks I like your suggestions.
  4. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

For the Ahh bra you order the measurement around your body just under your breasts. The bra automatically will fit any cup size as it stretches. So cup size will not be an issue.
  5. MsBrandywine

MsBrandywine Member

That sounds like a great bra then.. I shall have to look for it Michele..
    I 've seen some at Walmart.. but I can't remember if that was the Ah Bra or which one it was.... I will have to check tomorrow.. for I have to go there..
    But thanks for all you replied on this post..

I do have to say.. I have worn my sports bra today and that seemed to help the chest wall pain some.. just have to keep adjusting it.. apparently wrong size.. or just plain worn out to have to do that but.. It does hold me up with a bit more support then the Bali bra..
    Thanks again.. [This Message was Edited on 05/18/2012]
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I don't wear one around the house. I think it's more comfortable to give "the girls" their freedom. I wear one when I go out unless I have on a dark top. I whip it off the minute I get home.

Love, Mikie
  7. misskoji

misskoji Member

Oh, I feel all your pain! I too, have struggled for as long as I can remember, to find a comfortable bra. They are like torture devices!

I used to be quite endowed, which caused me a lot of back and neck pain-even bone damage on the shoulders. I was lucky enough to have my insurance cover a breast reduction because of it.

Post-reduction has been less of a struggle with finding the right size, but I have scars with sensitivity issues, and now FMS/costo which make bras very uncomfortable.

I too, go without as much as possible...and whip them off as soon as I can, when I have to wear them

I have found a couple of good solutions. Like MicheleK's Ahh bra, I bought myself a Genie bra. I think they are very close to identical in making and comfort. I also found a very comfortable sports bra at Burlington. Their prices are great! And, if I'm wearing something strapless, or am having costo or other pain, I wear "pasties". I buy them at dollar tree. 2 pairs for $1.

BTW, I am also heavy, and find it hard to have a bra fit around the girth of my chest. But, the Genie bra I believe is a 2x size, and is very comfortable. I highly recommend trying that, or the Ahh bra.

Good luck!