Bread recipe!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lou2, Mar 13, 2003.

1. lou2

lou2 New Member

hey everyone.....

This from Erica Whites –Beat Candida cookbook. I follow her diet,she is from the U.k, the book is pretty good because it has over 300 recipies in it and its also very imformative about candida and beating it. You can definitely buy the book off amazon. Also i know she has a website which has a couple of recipes on it aswell i think.She has loads of breads, cheescake bases, stuff that is wheat free too, dips like hummous and then main meals and even desserts...its worth getting if you are doing this diet for a while which i think we all are!

Yoghurt Soda bread

450grams or 1lb or 3.1/4cup- wholewheat plain flour
    2 tsp- potassium (or sodium)bicarbonate
    300ml or 1/2pint or 1.1/3 cup -natural yoghurt
    150ml or 1/4pint or 2/3 cup- warm filtered water

This will make two small loaves or one large one. Preheat the oven to 400F / 200C / GAS MARK 6. Sift the flour and mix in the potass or sodium bicarb. Then stir in the yoghurt and warm water. Mix together well and coat the mixture with more flour and liberally flour your work surface. No kneading is necessary. If making two divide into two and make fairly flat. If one make it into a loaf shape and cut a cross in the top. Place on a floured tray and bake for 30mins, then turn down the oven to 350F / 180C / GAS MARK4 and bake for a further 20 mins. To test if it is ready tap on the bottom of the loaf and it should sound hollow…..
    also if you want to make it a bit nmore exciting throw in some sunflower or umpkin seeds to make it granary..

Its really really easy to make and takes about 5 mins before you put in the oven, and no kneading to make sore muscles worse!...I bake this all the time, usually about 3 or 4 loaves at once then freeze it. It doesnt last as long as normal bread (probably as it has no nasty preservatives) so i usually freeze half and keep half in the bread bin. Also it tases soooo good fresh out the oven with lotsa butter, yum yum yum...my favourite thing on this mean diet!
    have fun baking, let me know what you think,
    love lou x
    p.s email me if you need to ask anything, its on my profile.

[This Message was Edited on 03/13/2003]
  2. lou2

lou2 New Member

i havent tried this one but its from the same book

oat bread

400g or 15oz or 2.1/2 cup oats
    75g or 3oz or 1/2 cup soya flour
    handful sunflower seeds
    3tbsp extra virgin olive oil
    hot filtered water to mix

oven to 375F/190C/GAS MARK5
    mix together oats,flour and sunflower seeds. stir in oil and mix with hot water to make a dough. shape into ball using oats to coat the dough. cut a cross on top, place on a baking tray and bake for 30-40 minutes. check bottom for hollow sound.
    x
  3. lou2

lou2 New Member

4. Debgene56

Debgene56 New Member

Thanks so much for the bread recipie. It sounds easy and yummy with butter all over it. I have Dr. Crookes cookbook, I do not like it. It is so limited. I will check out the book you talk about. I have all the flours and grains now, so I can get busy experiementing!! Thanks again! Love, Deb
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There are some excellent bread, rolls, cookies, pie, and pasta cookbooks at the bookstore.

Love, Mikie
  6. lou2

lou2 New Member

7. lou2

lou2 New Member

I was just responding to a few people who had asked me for this recipe.
    x
  8. karen55

karen55 New Member

Is there a recipe for rye bread in there anywhere??

Karen
  9. lou2

lou2 New Member

rye slice,
    it still has wholewheat flour in it though?, can you have wheat?.....there is a soya bread which has no grains in it.and a potato bread. there are quite alot of different breads, pasteries, cakes etc..and some things for compleetly gluten or grain free diets... in fact the book is pretty much stuffed with recipes for all sorts of stuff. i have just been shopping to stock up on ingredients to start making loads of stuff so my diet is more varied and less boring. On my list are carob chip cookies, lemon sesame cake and roasted vegetable tarts..... hooray.
    x
  10. LindaW

LindaW New Member

Thanks - I wll try it!