Break up those Fibro "knots"

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by jaminhealth, Feb 27, 2013.

1. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

I just laying with my tennis balls in a sock on my shoulder wings and thought I'd share this one.

I put 2 tennis balls in a longer sock, so I can use the top of the sock to move it around where needed on back/shoulders.

Some areas can be painful, so go slowly.

I also use a Theracane at top of back and shoulders usually before I go to sleep at night....

An FYI...jam
  2. lyzzy

lyzzy New Member

I do the same thing with the tennis balls to try to loosen up the trigger point knot right under my shoulder blade, next to my spine. sometimes i get down on the floor, and get the tennis balls on either side of my back bone, to try to break up the knot, and it works to a point. I wish i could get trigger point injections in that spot, but no insurance, or medicare to help out. i have thought about laying on a shooter marble to see if it being small my hit that point better than the tennis ball. I also had a friend who tell me to try Lacrosse balls instead, but haven't tried it yet.
  3. GeminiMoon

GeminiMoon Member

I use the Homedics Thermassage Deluxe Heat Massager. It wasn't expensive and it has different attachments for working out those shoulder lumps. I really like it and highly recommend it!
  4. ellikers

ellikers New Member

Fascial release is key for lots of chronic pain! Tennis balls can be really helpful, so are (high density) foam rollers. Tennis balls are the seriously the best tool in my kit for chronic pain.

A great book that points out spots for dealing with trigger points (what you treat with the pressure) is this one: http://www.amazon.com/Fibromyalgia-Chronic-Myofascial-Pain-Survival/dp/1572242388

Important point: don't spend too long on one spot, or more than 3 in one general area (shoulder, hip, etc.) because it could over aggravate the tissue.