Breaking News: "Ground Shaking" Singh XMRV Patents

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Elisa, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Elisa

Elisa Member

mind blowing

2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Who is this doctor?
  3. simpsons

simpsons Member

dr singh has been researching xmrv since the prostate cancer xmrv came out

she is experienced in looking at problematic virus there is some more research to come from her she is looking at autopsy and there will be paper to come on that

this is a great paper, it should get the cancer charities looking at it and hopefully more researchers looking into it

we knew there was a cancer link with mlv s having a history of cancer

though i am v hopefull for xmrv i still feel caution is needed as we have found virus that are found in many patients turn out not to be the case the evidence is really looking good now and v hopeful that we can show that this is cause

still think that environmental factors will play a large part in this somehow. so many have become ill after toxins and toxins in our lives everyday can lower the immune system.

we are in such an interesting time of research

thank you for posting
  4. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I am somewhat confused.

Are these plans for future studies or a patent? If it is a patent I can't see what it is for. Treatments?

Any and all information would be helpful for my foggy mind. :>)

5. spacee

spacee Member

Dr. Singh is a Columbia University grad. Many of our opponents (Dr. Straus for one) are
    Col. grads. She is to be commended for realizing that XMRV is REAL and obtaining the
    patents. Something that other grads from her school have been dragging their feet

She's another hero for us!!
  6. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Let me see if I have this straight. If someone has ever suggested that CFS is psychological, even if that was the theory at the time, or have the audacity to come up with negative results for XMRV they are deemed as the enemy and are possibly behind a conspiracy.

What may seem like the dragging of feet may just be a reflection of the history of the science behind CFS.

It's sad and counterproductive that people can't come to terms with the past and I am not saying I like it any more than others. But there is nothing that can be done about it now. We need to learn from the past and not ruminate obsessively about what "could have" or "should have" been. The mind set that if scientist are coming up with negative studies they are in a conspiracy is equally flawed.

This is the way science works and they are now working together to find out why the studies are different.

I have a relative from way back who died from a kidney infection as antibiotics had not been discovered, yet. Should the family be mad or say there was a conspiracy because antibiotics were produced only a few years later? It was a reflection of the times and not a conspiracy.

I would love for XMRV to cause CFS but if it doesn't, do we want to base treatment on what we "want" medical knowledge to be or go by the science. I prefer the later.

No wonder people think this is in our heads and we are all hysterics. This type of thinking does not help our cause.

I am not posting just to be contrary but I am seriously worried about the direction SOME people in the CFS community are headed.

Once we divide people into us vs. them there is no room for "we".