Breaking vitamin d3 softgel?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by neoplus1, Nov 12, 2012.

1. neoplus1

neoplus1 Member

I got some Vitamin d3 but it is 2000IUs and I only want to take 1000IUs a day. This is probably a silly question, but do any of you think it would be a problem to just squeeze the amount of liquid out that I want and just take it that way?
  2. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

doing that, why only 1000 iu's per day? Are your levels way up to the optimal of 50 or so....

or you could take 2000 softgel every other day and not mess with the breaking etc....just a thought.
  3. IanH

IanH Active Member

I think jaminhealth's solution is best because you do not need vitamin D daily. The half life is very long so it will last you two days easily. There would be no advantage at this dose to split the capsule.
  4. freida

freida Active Member

I was going to suggest doing the same thing the others did.

I would take the 2000, every other day.

And if you prefer, you could look, next time, for 1000 mg ones.

However, this is something that is often taken in larger amounts than yours, and twice a week even, if the overalll dose wanted is gotten that way.

Most meds and supplements should not be taken that way, but this one is often prescribed that way.

Leah