Breakthrough Fatigue FindingsPrevention Magazine

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by grace54, Mar 12, 2007.

1. grace54

grace54 New Member

I quote. Mysterious complex chronic fatigue syndrome might just be triggered by stress. People who feel that their lifes are spinning out of control are 65% more likely to develop CFS than those who cope well with anxiety, suggests a new 25 year, 20.000 person study from the Karolinska Institute,a Swedish medical university.

It seems that persistent anxiety can flood the brain with stress hormones, wearing down the body's resistence to fatigue and disease says study coauthor Nancy Pedersen, PhD. This means that the 1 million Americans who have CFS- mostly women-may be able to relieve symptoms with proven stress reducers like exercise, meditation,and cognitive -behavioral therapy.

Now researchers have new hope the same techniques can help prevent the condition in the first place. End Quote.

All I can say right now is, it is No wonder that no one gets this CFS thing other than the sufferers. I have noticed our local tv station doing a piece on fibro or CF and I sit there and want to yell at the reporter, Where did you get your information? It is always so minimised. ARGGG. I guess this is why we need to get the truth out there and can have some compassion for those who have been mis-educated. What say you'all?
  2. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

This is what researchers thought 20 years ago. In light of all the studies since then, there are a lot of components that trigger CRS: Lyme ticks, viruses, bacteria, parasites, heavy metal toxicity, and the list goes on and on.

Prevention is not that great a rag anyway.

My opinion,
    CherylSue