breast biopsy question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ruby711, Oct 19, 2009.

1. ruby711

ruby711 New Member

I am wondering if anyone has had an ultrasound guided biopsy. I will soon be having one and am nervous about it. Does the pain from the lidocaine last long or just minutes. What should I expect.
    ruby
  2. gasolo

gasolo New Member

Hi Ruby711,

If perfromed properly then the proceedure is almost painless. The only pain you should have is the initial stinging from the lidocaine injection.

Gary
  3. gasolo

gasolo New Member

Hi Rocky76,

I'm a male and have not had any breast surgeries. I have been a breast surgeon for the better part of 20 years and have done more than 1000 breast surgeries. I work closely with my patients and get constant feedback from them. Just my opinion.

Gary
  4. rose515

rose515 Member

Thank you both for your replies. I do feel better about it from your comments. I hate getting nervous when if it is not necessary.
    ruby
  5. cordy250

cordy250 Member

It was not a big deal. The big deal is the psychological aspect and the worrisome fact that you are needing a breast biopsy. But as far as the procedure, it shouldn't be any problem for you.
  6. ruby711

ruby711 New Member

Thanks again for your responses. My body is so much more frail than it use to be (have had cfs for 9 yrs.) which results in less brain power to combat fear. I am also overloaded with chronic recovery time from one body problem after another. I'll post an update after the biopsy.
    ruby