Breast cancer, Lumpectomy,Chemo. Anyone HELP?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sandy1, Jan 24, 2003.

1. sandy1

sandy1 New Member

Hi Every one,
    I know this is not part of CFIDS or FMS,but is related to a weak immune system and STRESS. DOES ANYONE know of any way I can prepare my body for the onslot of chem drugs? I'm so afraid they will set back any strides I've made with our DD. I'm going to get the local oncologist opinions, and I've contacted MD Anderson cancer center,in Houston. I just know there must be someone out there whose gone through all of this. Please help!
  2. carlasu

carlasu New Member

Hi Sandy
    I know your fears, I have been their! I had a mastectomy in November 2001 and finished my chemo in March 2002. I had alot of trouble with my immune system when I was on chemo and had to get nupogen shots the whole week before my treatments since my white cell counts was so low. I had alot of bone pain with the shots. It seems like the pain never went away. I have been to so many doctors and was finally told I have CF and FMS. They say the chemo didnt cause it. I will sent you a few sites that you can read about other people experiences, it made me feel better and I had alot of my questions anwsered their. It was nice to read about other people like me that had been through it. It is very stressful dealing with it. Even though I am done with treatment I still have that fear in the back of my mind it will come back. They say it will get better as time goes by. If you have any questions that you want to ask, I hope I can be some help. You can email me at wbcs@libcom.com. Take Care Carla
  3. carlasu

carlasu New Member

Hi Sandy

The web site is

www.CancerSurvivor.com I hope it will help you. Take Care Carla

[ advertisement ]