Breast Change Concern, Help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Greenbean7, May 5, 2006.

1. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Hi all!

Yesterday I noticed that my right breast is suddenly going South faster than the left.

I am 52 and "gifted" in this area. Of course as I've aged the girls have started to sag.

Yesterday while I was toweling off after my shower I noticed that the right breast is lower and the nipple is pointing slightly out to the right instead of pointing to the front like the left one does. The breast also seems to be slightly larger which I hadn't noticed before, but I understand is not abnormal.

I have regular mamograms and do weekly breast exams at home because of having to have one lump (benign) removed a few years ago.

I have really sore glands all over right now, neck, groin, breasts. I have had a cold and feel like I have a fever today. So I just wonder if it is just the glands that are causing the difference.

Help, gals, I count on you!

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

discharge from breast? color of it...
    but better it to be nothing opposed something and not get the needed attention for it...

it is normal for one breast to be larget than the other...and age may be shwoing up on those girls...

there is always plasctic surgery if that is an option for you...

jodie
  3. sueliza

sueliza New Member

If you think there are any changes I would definitely get checked out. But, you are right that it is not uncommon for them to be different sizes and one may be heavier or more dense than the other.

I always knew one of mine was a little bigger than the other, but never thought much of it. I had a reduction last summer and the dr ended up taking over 1/2lb more from one side than the other! I didn't know they were that lopsided!

I don't know about the glands, but I hope you start feeling better! :)

Sue
  4. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Thank you!

There is no discharge at all. I have a doc appointment on Tuesday so I will talk to him about it then.

Thanks again!

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  5. LouiseK

LouiseK New Member

Hi

You need professional advice, definitely. A breast should never change shape suddenly without being checked out. I have astronomically high prolactin levels(a hormone generated by the pituitary) and it causes fluctuations in the size, shape, etc. of my breasts. Also I personally think the lymph system acting up can do this too -- that is where my CFS started -- there and the armpits.

It's probably related somehow to the illness but get it checked out by a doctor (for all the use they are).

Good Luck.

LouiseK
  6. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I will get it checked out tomorrow when I go to the doc.

I have had a sore throat and cold for about 3 weeks now and last night I woke up with horrible pain on the left side of my throat and in my left ear. It is really bad still this morning. And, you got it, I have sore swollen glands everywhere.

I told my mom I felt like someone had hit me over the back of my neck with a 2x4. Then I reached up to check the glands in my neck and wow they are really sore and swollen.

I forgot to check on the breast changes this morning, to much going on at home, but that is another story all together which I will probably post about later after I get some work done. Watch for my post on MIL!!

Hugzz
    Greenbean