Breast discharge since dx 8 years ago. doc said is thyroid related

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 2sic2mooov, Nov 21, 2008.

1. 2sic2mooov

2sic2mooov New Member

My primary doc checked for prolactin levels and they were normal. The first year or so I jsut thought it was from breastfeeding kids and it was just an aftereffect. But my daughter was 18 mos when I got sick and I only nursed her for about 9 months. So nine months had already passed. Now 7 years have passed since breastfeeding my last child! I am pretty sure there would be no residual discharge after that many years! They did test it and said was not cancer cells in the discharge. is sticky like colostrum but is ruddy brown color mixed with yellowish. They said was not blood cells in either. not any type of infection. Is strange and a bit scary.

I did see on other sites that this could be a sign of Lyme. Anyone else been told this is thyroid related or is is just ANOTHER symptom of CFIDS that even men can possibly have? Or anyone with Lyme and CFIDS that has this?
  2. mylilcherub428

mylilcherub428 New Member

But my aunt had discharge and they found out she had 5 aneryisms in her head. I had discharge b4 but it was a milky white they said they would be more worried if it was a yucky color or had blood in it.

I would push to get this checked out more if it is brown or yellow it can be a sign of other problems in your body besides breast cancer from what I read when I was worried

unless it could just be from the problems you know you have. Better to be on the safe side and get checked

hope all is well-Kim
  3. tofumama

tofumama New Member

I have the same thing...haven't bf in over 2 yrs. Brownish yellowish discharge. I am going to mention it to my Dr when I see her. I have CFS and Hashimoto's and I have never heard of this being a symptom.
  4. tofumama

tofumama New Member

I have the same thing...haven't bf in over 2 yrs. Brownish yellowish discharge. I am going to mention it to my Dr when I see her. I have CFS and Hashimoto's and I have never heard of this being a symptom.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

After I quit breastfeeding my last child. They checked for cancer of the milk gland but it was neg. Eventually, it stopped. I do have hypothyroidism but didn't know the thyroid was connected to this symptom. After I had my tubal ligation, I lactated but it was normal looking breastmilk. It also stopped eventually.

Love, Mikie