Breast lump

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hatbox121, May 23, 2009.

1. hatbox121

hatbox121 New Member

Well folks. It seems that this month has been a great one for new stuff to pop up. One of my breasts was tender at a spot so I did a self-exam. I found a lump as well as a lump in my underarm area. I'm gonna check it again after my period comes this month and if it's still there I guess I'll have to call my OB/GYN. Blah!
  2. cathugs

cathugs New Member

Honey, please don't wait. You need to get it checked out soon.It is probably nothing serious, but please take it seriously anyway.

You just never know. It is better to be safe than sorry.
    I wish you the best. Please let us know what you find out.

I am not trying to scare you, but you really do need to get checked out.

Hugs from (((cathugs)))
  3. gasolo

gasolo New Member

A breast lump occuring around the menstrual cycle is generally fibrocyctic disease. A lump in the axilla is not related to fibrocyctic disease. Sometimes an infection in the breast can cause a lymph node in the axilla to enlarge. I absolutely would see your doctor as soon as it possible.
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Early detection is the key. Get it checked out, no matter what the cause. I think we sometimes get too complacent here, chalking everything up to FM/CFS as we all have such weird, seemingly disconnected symptoms. But you need it checked out for your own peace of mind, I wouldn't delay. Good luck!

5. Empower

Empower New Member

Agree with all

Most likely it is cyst, BUT, it it checked now. Why put yourself through another month of worry?

You'll have to wait for an appt anyway and the results

I had a cyst, had it biopsied, nothing, but please don't wait
  6. Rockismom

Rockismom New Member

We are not trying to scare you by asking you not to wait.
    We are all here to support one another. Those of us who encourage you not to wait do so because we care.

Please schedule that appointment without hesitation.

We will all be waiting for the good news!

Blessings and Light,
  7. Jacqulyne

Jacqulyne New Member

PLEASE go and have it checked. You can not let things like that go. It is probably nothing, but you have to make sure.

I'll be praying!