Breast pain and chest wall pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MsBrandywine, Aug 31, 2008.

1. MsBrandywine

MsBrandywine Member

Anyone have this or experience this?

I woke up this am and my left breast is soo darn sore. Im trying to remember if I did something or lifted but don't remember doing so.
    I bought new bras and not sure if maybe there wasnt enough support to them. or it wasnt supporting me right.
    The lady said it was a good fit that measured me?
    Its not only in my breast but feels like the muscle around under it.
    I also have like a small sore on the inside of it too.. kind of like a tiny pimple. Yrs ago my one Dr told me I have the fibrocystic or how ever you spell it.. Guess will have to call in the am and try having the Dr check it out..
    Think I will try some moist heat and take some advil when I have my breakfast..

Im due for my mammogram which they just sent me the notice.. Gonna suck trying to have one with the pain.. I have to call and make an appt.
    If anyone else has had this or does.. what do you do to help the pain go away..
    Thanks in advance.............
  2. KelCo35

KelCo35 New Member

I haven't posted yet, I'm a lurker. But I wanted to respond to you because I go through this very same thing. I have had this pain, plus it will move up my shoulder to the back. It's very strange. Like you, I don't know what caused it. I have used heat, and it helps. Funny thing is, it will just go away. One day I realize- it doesn't hurt today! Only to be woke up with the pain in the night. My Dr. told me moist heat, and if you can take Advil or Motrin, it will help. I also had my mammogram with the pain just a couple of weeks ago! It actually wasn't that bad, just sore after. Good luck! And you aren't alone.
  3. MsBrandywine

MsBrandywine Member

Hate to see anyone else go thru it but at the same time at least I know it isnt just me.

Im just getting over and not sure what that was all about for sure.. but my balance was really bad and some dizziness. felt like I was running a fever but I didnt take my temperatue..
    I was staggering all over like a drunk for gosh sakes. it wasnt so bad yesterday and then this kinda bothered me a bit yesterday.. but nothing like this morning..
    Thanks for replying back.. Going to get some Ibuprofen now.. Sending hugs. Debbi~
  4. sleepyinlalaland

sleepyinlalaland New Member

If you are talking about the pain being UNDER your breast (near chest wall) you may be referring to costochondritis, apparently a common condition for those with FM. It is an inflamation of the cartlidge near the sternum where the top ribs meet it. The pain is often felt in the area of your heart and is easily confused with heart pain. It can radiate to different parts of your chest, and back. Its cause is unknown but it can be triggered by repetitive physical activity (painting a wall), maybe the irritation of a new bra, or may come out of nowhere.

Possibly your pimple/sore may be from an area of where one of your new bras is causing pressure or friction (underwire, or construction "lumps") Just a thought.

Love your name, I crave my Brandywines (tomatoes) this time of year!
  5. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

I get severe pain in my chest and my jaw ( which are signs of heart attack). I take 2 asperine and it goes away as quick as it came. My heart sounds fien and my blood work is fine so I chalk it up to a fluke.

I am sorry you are in pain, but I am glad you posted about it. Welcome. Jenn
  6. hughestona

hughestona New Member

I have been to the ER twice with pain--in the chest--in the arm--in the back--in the kneck and jaw.

I passed all the tests, thankfully, and was told in no uncertain terms that I should return to the ER only if I also had a temp of 101 or higher, had projectile vomiting, and a really bad headache.

They gave me no explanation for the pain. I felt like an idiot. I have vowed to never go to an ER again unless I lose consciousness or just plain die.

Before these 2 ER visits, I did have to have a coronary stent placed in one coronary artery. I was told that I had significant blockage in 2 other arteries, as well, but not enough to warrent 2 more stents--as dictated by the insurance companies.

Even my PCP who dxd the Fibro never suggested a reason or cause for the chest pain. I have it every day. It comes on especially hard when I get upset or climb the stairs or try to do yard work.

My faith in doctors and in the systems that they have to work for has been greatly challenged.

Thanks for the explanation about the chest pain. I am soooo glad to know that I am not alone with that particular pain.
  7. MsBrandywine

MsBrandywine Member

I took some ibuprofen and will see if that helps and tried some heat on it.. It does feel like when I move just right that it is muscle.. and it does feel like in the middle of the shoulder blades.. Been trying to think if I did something but. I vaguely remember feeling something under my left breast the other day and kind of felt a sore spot. and kind of rubbed it a bit..
    Plus, the weather here has been bad with rain and fronts going thru so maybe it flared it up with the bad weather and then caused the costro.. I have had that before.. so its probably what it is.. but if it isnt better by tomorrow will check with my Dr.. I do feel like I have a low grade fever off and on..

Oh well, life goes on.. Think Im going to ride up where my son and daughter inlaw just bought their new home.. I hope everyone is having a good day or trying to.
    Summer is over and I feel sad and actually feel depressed too.. so that doesnt help.. and I really hate being alone when I dont feel good!.. But then there are thousands out there in the same boat.. so going to try to stop feeling sorry for myself and try to enjoy the rest of the day..
    Big hugs, Deb~
  8. MsBrandywine

MsBrandywine Member

Gosh I didnt see that but will check now.. Thank you!!..
    I rarely get breast pain but will still check it out.. I do have thyroid problems.. It never hurts to check into things like this..
    Thanks again.. Hugs, Deb