Breast pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suzie1021, Feb 23, 2007.

1. suzie1021

suzie1021 New Member

Have any women had a problem with breast pain? I am 57 years old, so, obviously it is not a monthly problem. This started two weeks ago. I have pain in one particular spot in my breast. I went to the dr. and he sent me for a mammogram and ultrasound. (My last mammo was in October). The radiologist found absolutely nothing. I feel as if there is something deep within my right breast. It just hurts and doesn't feel right. Could fibro possibly be the culprit?? I am nervous and feel as if the doctors are missing something here. Thanks for your help.
  2. pirtpain

pirtpain New Member

I had a hysterectomy when I was 28. I am now 53 but I still get breast pains at the same time a month as I use to have my period. Now I don't get it as much that time of month but certainly do get it.

Pirt
  3. moab341

moab341 New Member

I have been wanting to post something about this and just haven't.
    I have pain in my right breast all thee time....just like you said, deep inside.
    I keep feeling for lumps, but there's none.

I had a mamogram 6 months ago, so I know it must have to do with the Fibro.

My right breast feels heavier and is sore all the time.
    I see the Dr. Monday, so I will ask him about it.

I've had a hysterectomy, so the monthly cycle is not an issue for me either.
    I'm sorry you are having this pain, but you are not alone!
  4. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

But could it be fibrocystic breasts or an overgrowth of breast tissue (benign)??

I had a painful lump years ago and it was benign - I have naturally lumpy fibrocystic breasts and my left one hurts in a particular spot most of the time.

Love Bunchy x