Breastfeeding and Treatment for Fibromyalgia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PamelaKay, Aug 9, 2003.

1. PamelaKay

PamelaKay New Member

Help, I was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia and restless leg syndrome. I am breastfeeding my 5 month old. WE have tried to wean her but she simply refuses. Does anyone out there know of anything I can do for the pain and sleeplessness until she is weaned? Presently the Doctors are letting me take advil 600 mg 3-4 times a day and Unisom at night. I am also on Vit. B6, E, C and MSM. Like everyone else I have good days and I have bad days. Aany suggestion would be great! Thanks...Pam
  2. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

Sorry, I have no clue,bot i'm bumping so it didn't go to page 2 :} hope Someone Has an answer.Many GREAT people here!
    Peace,eZ
  3. lease79

lease79 New Member

Unfortunately I don't have any good advice for you, as I am feeding my 3-month old & not on any meds :(
    I take alot of warm baths to try & 'loosen' up my muscles, but that's about it.
    Just wanted to send you some ~*Gentle Hugs*~ as I know what it's like. Ethan REFUSES point blank to take a bottle. We've tried twice & it is distressing for all involved :(
    Hope that someone else will be able to give you some helpful advice ;)

Lease

4. PamelaKay

PamelaKay New Member

Hi,
    I hate to think of someone else going through what I've been through with weaning a baby but it is also a comfort to know that I'm not alone. We have tried all kinds of nipples. We tried again today with the Playtex Nurser and she responded a little bit, so I guess I will keep pumping enough to try to get her to like the bottle and take it from there. If I come up with any other breakthroughs I'll let you know. Thanks and Good Luck to you.....Pam