Breathe Right Nasal Strip

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JaciBart, Jul 30, 2003.

1. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I just got some today to try and I put one on as soon as I got home, awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

What an incredible difference. I have been having a hard time getting air sometimes lately, wake up with the gasping for air thing and choking like a crazy woman and during the day it feels like I am getting air but not enough or not enough oxygen in it or something like that. I am not exactly sure what the heck is going on I just know that I can hardly breathe thru my nose anymore, I have to breathe thru my mouth and I always forget and I close my mouth and then I start to hyperventilate, it is kind of a big ole vicious circle but I was thinking I would try these and I defintely recommend it. If you have tried this also I would love to hear your experience, I am thinking it is really gonna help me sleep.

If you have not tried one and you do be sure to read the directions on placement as it makes all the difference on the right placement on your nose.

I just love it when I find helpful things.

Jaci
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

You are so right, they are wonderful. I have been using them now for about 7 years. They are amazing how just lifting the skin on your nose can help you get air through your sinus cavaties.

They are great for sleeping, no doubt about it. They also help people who snore (my husband snores so loud he wakes up the dogs :).

There is a herbal tea that is very good for that shortness of breath too, its called: 'Breathe Easy' put out by; Traditional Medicinals.
    You can get the tea bags at Wal-Mart, Albertson's and the heathfood stores. Wonderful combination of herbs for breathing and nasal decongestant.

I that it for bronchitis, sinuses, and if I get a cold or the flu. If you try it, use a little honey to sweeten it, does not taste bad at all.

Shalom, Shirl

3. Copper2002

Copper2002 New Member

I've tried 2 brands now, supposedly just for the snoring. Didn't work a bit for me in that way. But, like you, breathing is MUCH easier.

The first one's I tried were, or felt like, cloth. I don't remember brand names, but I liked them. The 2nd brand (I think rite-aid)feels like plastic and was kind of stiff and scratchy. bah! Both worked great for breathing, but my household says I need even MORE help to stop the snoring. :(

So what kind do ya'll use? I'm hoping your memories for labels works better than mine.

Copper
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I get the original brand; 'Breathe Right'. Be sure to get the right 'size' too. They come in Small/Medium or Large.

They also have one now with 'Vicks' mentholated in them, really neat to help you breathe too!

I always know the 'name brands', if necessary I write them down in my address file!

Shalom, Shirl
  5. Copper2002

Copper2002 New Member

I'll give "breathe-rite" a try.

;)

Copper
    Let Miracles Replace all Grievances
  6. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

I love them too, but hate how they make me look, (Petunia Pig) so seldom wear them. I also get bad headaches on occasion when I put one on.

Marilyn :)
  7. Aeryn

Aeryn New Member

Try putting a dot of "ylang ylang" essential oil on the strip after you have put it on. It helps keep my drowsy and able to fall back to sleep usually.

"ylang ylang" is the stuff in Chanel No 5 that makes everyone sleepy.
  8. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I used Chanel #5 half my life, never made me sleepy! But I will admit when I was out with a crowd I was always the 'last man standing', so maybe I put everyone else in la, la, land with the scent :)

How about Oscar de la Renta? does it contain ylang ylang too?

These are the only two perfumes I can use a little of without getting a sinus attack.

Shalom, Shirl
  9. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

Chanel #5 has always been my favorite, and I've had many bottles, but now I can't stand to smell it, it makes me nauseas!

Marilyn :)
  10. pam_d

pam_d New Member

My 88-year-old father SWEARS by these. I'm glad you've gotten help from them!!

Hugs,
    Pam
  11. Shirl

Shirl New Member

That has happened to me with a lot of perfumes, powders, creams etc.

I do not know if it would bother me now, I have not used it in a longtime. There is a big bottle of it just sitting in the bathroom these days.

I got into the Oscar, perfume, body cream, shower jel, deodorant, even the bar soap! I went bunkers over the Oscar as it did not give me a sinus attack, and it is not a strong scent.

As for differnet scents mixing with your body scent, I have heard of that happening, but have not had a bad experience yet. But you never know.

Shalom, Shirl