Breathing Dry or Humid

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lostsoul62, Sep 4, 2006.

1. lostsoul62

lostsoul62 New Member

I have had breathing problems for over 3 years. Started 4 months after a back operation and they can't find anything wrong with my lungs. I've did everything to solve this problem, so I will just have to live with it. Question: I live in the Phoenix area where it's dry. I walk my dog 3 slow miles per day which is max for me. I seem to have a harder time breathing after my walk if the humidity is higher. I was going to move to Tulsa but that might be a mistake. Does anyone have anything like this?

Richard
  2. Bambi

Bambi New Member

now that it pays to check the air quality every day before going out to walk. Right after rain when the air has been cleaned up it's usually not so bad for me, but then day 2 or 3 after a rain the molds start and it's
    harder for me. I have Chronic Severe
    Asthma also so it's more of an issue for me.

The WORST time is early morning when traffic is high and again in the time between say 4 and 7 when so many are coming home from work. And of course in January, give or take a month, we have the inversions from the cold air holding the pollution to the ground.

When the Snowbirds are here from September through say May we have so much more pollution from the added cars too. I hate to say it but I really think walking in the malls is
    probably the safest air quality game in town most of the time. I've lived here since the early 50's and have seen our air go from nearly pristine to the mud we have too often now. It's a shame but a sign of the huge
    growth we've had. Bambi
    [This Message was Edited on 09/12/2006]
  3. azbubba

azbubba New Member

3 miles, no matter how slow, is a lot...at least to me, and I work full time.

On the other hand, I didn't know there were Chandler people on here. Funny to think that we could be talking to someone just around the corner.

Your neighbor,
    Bubba