Breathing pain ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nacl4y, Jun 25, 2003.

1. nacl4y

nacl4y New Member

I'm just curious if anyone else here has pain when they're breathing occasionally.

First, I am quite susceptible to pneumonia - and as such I get my lungs checked relatively often. So I know that this isn't an infection, the lungs are clear.

When this happens, it's a sharp pain - more typically when I inhale than exhale. And it happens when I'm at my worst - i.e. when I'm completely beyond worn out and in need of rest for a few days. At times it will be almost constant and last for a couple of weeks, leaving me sleeping sitting up at night. And sometimes it's just periodic for 2-3 days.

Almost once a year my doc will send me for a full round to ensure the more severe episodes aren't blood clots. They never are. They are "stress associated" issues apparently :p

Does anyone else have this ? Any advice ? Other than resting :) (dumb question I know)

Thanks
    Shannon L.
  2. nacl4y

nacl4y New Member

Thank you for both - I've been trying to remember the word costcochondritis. I just knew it reminded me of the big box store Costco. LOL

And I must confess - I havent' read the Trigger Point info/posts yet. It's on my list of things to go back and read before the end of the week. There is so much information on here, and having just discovered this place I'm thrilled - and slightly overwhelmed :)

Stress is definitely a part of it I'm sure. But then it's just a huge part of this DD and of life I guess. Hard to escape it :(

Thanks agian, off to read some more !