Breathing Probems

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by golden, Sep 21, 2003.

1. golden

golden New Member

July 3, 2003 I started having breathing problems. A little shortness of breath, needing to take a deep breathe every couple of minutes. I had a tumor removed from my spine on February 25, 2003. One month later I had a nerve problem with my left arm which almost sent me to the mental ward and last month the same thing happened to my left leg, but it wasn’t as bad and the arm is getting better. I think the breathing is getting better, but tonight it is bothering me. Took a lorasepam and it help a little, one hour later, I feel better, so is that anxiety? What I am trying to say is you need to take a course in quantum physics to understand what is going on with your body. Could it be my diet, anxiety, physical activity or what? Just need to blow off some steam and if anyone has any ideas, please post them.

Golden
  2. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

COULD BE A LOT OF THINGS.... ONE OF THE "DAILY" TIPS I RECEIVED FROM THIS SITE IS THAT SOMETIMES WE DON'T BREATHE CORRECTLY OR DEEPLY FOR SEVERAL REASONS..... I REALIZED THAT THIS IS/WAS ACCURRATE FOR ME AT TIMES.... SO I TRY TO PAY MORE ATTENTION TO MY BREATHING.... THIS HAS HELPED ME SOMETIMES & I HOPE IT HELPS YOU !!!!!! TAKE CARE & BLESSINGS !!!!!! BILLCAMO.
  3. MtnDews

MtnDews New Member

Golden, please let your doctor know about this. It could be something else, or it could just be anxiety. Be on the safe side and call the dr. Take care.
    H
  4. suz41

suz41 New Member

Golden:

I agree with the last post, be on the safe side maybe it is only anxiety and incorrect breathing, however because you have tumors removed I would be cautious and check in with your doctor. This way at least you will know what it is. Take care keep us posted.

Suz
  5. ranger

ranger New Member

I tend to hold my breath on and off when I am in pain. If your finger nails aren't red or worse, blue, chance are you have a little time to find this out. At rest, if you are breathing with difficulty, I'd have it checked out.
    Blanched or blue lips is very bad and a red face could mean O2 isn't getting in. Just a tid bit of medical knowledge I remembered.
    Andi
  6. libra55

libra55 New Member

I was having shortness of breath quite frequently so my wonderful doctor checked it out. Two issues arose. First, I was seriously anemic due to heavy menstrual periods and my blood was not carrying oxygen the way it should. It took over a year of iron therapy to get this straightened out. It does not happen overnight that the body gets depleted of iron like that; it is a very slow insidious process and takes a long time to reverse it.

Second, I had some pulmonary testing done (it took 2 hours) and found out at the ripe old age of 47 that I have asthma. I now have medication and an inhaler for that.

Neither of these conditions had anything to do with my fibromyalgia. But combined with the fibro I literally felt like I had some kind of awful terminal disease.

So I would ask to have your hemoglobin levels checked, and what they call a methacholine challenge test (for asthma) they do it at the hospital.

Best wishes,
    Michelle

[ advertisement ]