Brewer's Massage? Anyone have any info.?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lkingfish, Aug 28, 2003.

1. lkingfish

lkingfish New Member

Hi, I have fibro diag. years ago. Like everyone I have tried everything. One night when I could not fall asleep like most I went online I think to this sight and was reading an article about a type of massage called Brewer's. Named after a man I believe in the 1950's. I am very interested in more information about this if anyone has any info. please share. This type of massage deals with lympatic drainage. I believe I actually had this type of massage once by a nunn in K.C. MO. It was one the most relaxing and yet ernergizing thing I have yet to experience. I seek traditional medicine for relief as well as work done by OMD's. As probably most... if someone told me drinking cat pee would cure fibro I would try it. Thank you. Tammy
  2. healing

healing New Member

I have never heard it called Brewer's but I have had this type of "massage" treatment. My PT does a lot of different types of treatment on me. This one particularly was helpful at the time but I haven't seemed to need it since. One thing I did do was buy a Chi Swing, which does help keep the fluids in my legs and torso moving better. I try to use it every day.