Britain's Got Talent -- New Star Susan Boyle

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Waynesrhythm, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

Just saw this on the evening news. I just love these kinds of clips; thought I'd share it with ya'all.

2. skeptik2

skeptik2 Member

She was on the evening news...absolutely beautiful voice and was so nice to see Simon's face of amazement.

Never judge a book by it's cover...

3. Sacajawea2

Sacajawea2 Member

Oh wow was that amazing or what??? Thank you, Wayne! I've still got tears in my eyes!

4. springwater

springwater Active Member

guesting or something...and then...

i went on watching and two words.........AWE SOME!!!

It was somethng to see hardened critic and noted cynic Simon Cowell being transported into dumbfoundedness land she kept singing...hah! THAT was worth something to see!!!

Her wonderful peppy personality and cheeky insouciance made the video all the more engaging..

Wayne ....thank you, thank you, thank you.

God Bless
  5. springwater

springwater Active Member

I forgot to add and Im not ashamed to say

I cried when i watched this.

6. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

She was fantastic! I also cried when I listened to her performance.
  7. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Thank you so much...this lady is a gift from God!! WOW WOW WOW!

8. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

That is all i have to say!!!!!!!!

Oh and Spring, I was getting tear eyed too, this was as heartwarming as the little girl that sang Over the Rainbow.

Thanks Wayne

[This Message was Edited on 04/15/2009]
  9. Gingareeree

Gingareeree New Member

Ohhh...Never judge a book by it's cover is correct! Remember Jim Nabors(Gomer Pyle)?? He also had an incredible singing voice. Never would have guessed from him either! What an amazing gift.~~~Jeanne~~
  10. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

A singer who can put emotion into a song.

Thought it sounded like Andrew LLoyd Weber, and it was.

I just read that smart alec Simon what'shisname makes millions. Why??!!

Thanks for the tip, Wayne.

ETA, just got an e mail from my sister in Minnesota. She also sent
    the URL for Susan's debut.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/15/2009]
  11. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

Hi All,

Thanks all for your responses. I was struck by how many of you had this video bring tears to your eyes. So I watched it again tonight, and, unlike the first time around, it brought tears to my eyes as well. Perhaps after reading your responses I watched it the second time around from more of a female perspective. :)

But I actually think my reaction had more to do with something that CateCatherine astutely noted in her post, how Susan Boyle seems to express a mixture of heroism and humility... Two spiritual qualities I think we all aspire to at some level. And I suspect we all feel we have some "hidden talents" that we have not yet fulfilled. I read once that the mark of a true artist is whether their work can inspire another person to yearn to express their own creativity. I think it is so true.

Anyway, we were browsing through some of the other Britain's got Talent videos, and came across the following. It features a 12-year girl who taught herself how to yodel. If Susan Boyles brought tears to your eyes, I can almost assure this young yodeler will bring a smile to your face.

P.S. Hi Mickey, I ran across the video you mentioned about the little girl (Connie Talbot) who sang Somewhere Over the Rainbow. It's had over 14 million hits on Youtube... Here's the link: Very Sweet![This Message was Edited on 04/15/2009]
  12. I have seen that on tv many times by now and am amazed by it each time. I too think it shows not to judge a book by its cover. HOWEVER I thought the female judge should not have said how everyone was laughing at her before she sang, THAT was insensitive, but thats the way they are alot. Good for Susan Boyles though!
  13. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

I couldn't believe it, last night i was watching the news and lo and behold they had a segment on Susan. I just thought that was neat after seeing this post. Yes, that little girl had everyone in tears. She is so so sweet.

14. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

She was absolutely fantastic. Yes, It was nice to see Simons's face of amazement, for a change. Brilliant. !

Hugs to all,

15. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

A friend at coffee told about it and that "frompty, frumpy woman with the fly-away hair and odd dress"! I saw it last evening on the news and-----oh, the voice on an angel!! what a God-given talent. Loved looking at Simon's face!!! and I couldn't agree with friend's description of her! Lovely Others think you need to be young and half-naked!!! (now that sounded like an old lady).

16. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

Last evening I was playing around on the comp. and looked Susan up on You Tube. I played both of the videos over and over, then sent info. to several of my friends and family. Their response------"WoW'

Les Mis is absolutely the most wonderful stage production that I have ever seen! DH got tickets for the production several years ago when it was in Chicago. The music-----no words can describe their beauty!

Those who made fun of her ------ shame! Don't judge people by clothes and appearance. Don't we all get to that stage sometimes when we have our oldest jeans and shirt on and no make-up (excuse me guys) on and look our absolutely crummiest. We don't want to be judged by others then-------God doesn''t judge us by appearance either.

Shall we listen and watch again?

17. 4everkid

4everkid New Member

I just got done watching this video and came here -- I knew it would be a hot topic! Just amazing.

This is such a raw look at human nature, at it's best and worst. I felt so ashamed of how people reacted when this proud woman walked out. As if SHE has a chance at fame. And yet, in the face of all that, she stood her ground. Then she blew them away. She smacked the ugly side of humanity up-side the face with all the beauty and charm of the most gracious of Queens.

Beautiful voice, beautiful song and the most beautiful woman I have seen in ages!

Also beautiful were the transformations on the faces of the judges, from the hideous rolling eyes and snickers, to a look of pure, joyous awe. It was if they had just heard the voice of a heavenly angel.

Thanks for sharing this with everyone Wayne!