Broke my 5th metatarsal bone

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RENA0808, Apr 19, 2015.

1. RENA0808

RENA0808 Member

I stepped out of my patio doors last Friday...... twisted my foot and immediately knew I had done damage to myself.Went to a walk in centre to get Xray and was told about break.The pain was horrendous.They put a back slab cast on and light bandage and I had to go to hospital 3 days later.
    The doc said I had to not put any weight on foot for 4 weeks so it can start to heal and they put me in a shoe with velcro fastening.I am using wheelchair and bought a mobility scooter to get around. But using crutches upstairs is killing me !!!!
    The pain in my hands is so bad plus.....I have 2 slipped discs at the bottom of my spine so lifting my body weight is killing me too !!!
    Since this happened 8 days ago............I am waking up during the night and as soon as I open my eyes I need to pee !! RIGHT AWAY !!!! At least twice in a short time.
    I am using a commode next to the bed but I am worried this will get worse.
    Going to make appointment with doc for tomorrow.
    Anyone have any similar experience?

2. Sherpa_

Sherpa_ Member

Never broke a bone but it sounds dreadful, complicating your already painful and difficult life even further. I'm sorry to hear this and wish you as speedy a recovery as possible!

p.s. I have been helping a friend who broke her kneecap and it was a journey for her but she is healing and back to walking and driving - so this will pass!
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hi Rena

It's been a couple weeks since you posted. I hope your situation
    has improved. Do you have anyone to help you?

4. RENA0808

RENA0808 Member

I am still in the same position and have appointment with hosp on 12th.I am able to put my heel down now so hopefully it will be ok.My hubby helps me (well tries lol) and the pain is not too bad now.
    Because I was peeing so much the doc sent me for a blood test to see if I have diabetes but I dont think I do.I was drinking more water cos I was so dry through the peeing lol.
    I also have to go for a bone density scan to see if I have osteoporosis(which my sis has).Hope I dont because I do tend to bump into things etc.
    Will let you know the outcome