BROKE MY ANKLE :(

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suzetal, Oct 2, 2006.

1. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Yep........I thought I just sprained it but went to my orthopedic doc.....And I broke it.

I am in this HUGE BLACK JEDI BOOT.....I asked him for another for my right leg so I can be Darvada (SP) for Halloween seeing I'm stuck in it for 6 weeks.

It is so heavy....I got up to answer the phone leg fell asleep Foot went one way leg another......He believes it will take longer to heal due to my FM and OA...

I am going to a cardiologist today to see why my left leg and arm always fall asleep.....Also EKG last year was fine this years shows I had a heart attack......I never felt it so who knows.I think the EKG is wrong...

Sue
  2. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I am sooooo sorry to hear you broke your ankle, what a thing to happen, I wish a speedy recovery. Hear attack???? at your age???? and you didn't even feel it??? I guess it's possible, there are people in the world who had a mini stroke and didn't even know they had it. Please take care of yourself.

Love to all, Ann
    [This Message was Edited on 10/03/2006]
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Fall off your skateboard? Bungy jumping? Tsk, tsk, you kids!

Hope it heals up w/ no complications. I never heard of someone having a heart attack and not knowing something was wrong.

Just get a Darth Vadar mask and you'll be all set for Halloween.

Seems like a short time ago that Star Wars was new. My 7 year old loved that movie. We saw it about 20 times.
  4. Butterfly_of_grace

Butterfly_of_grace New Member

so sorry about your ankle sweety! Hang in there. I like the Halloween idea LOL! Sending hugs and prayers your way take good care and God bless you with a speedy healing.
  5. lease79

lease79 New Member

Wow you have been through the run of the mill, you poor thing!
    Hope that the ankle heals up fast & that your heart tests come back normal.
    ~*Hugs*~

6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

suzetal:

I also had a heart attack and did not know about it.

And:

So sorry about the accident. I hope you are on the mend soon.

nyrofan
  7. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Ok, try to stay on your wheels!

I broke mine several years ago. I just fell over and it broke. I kept trying to think of a good story for how I broke it. Skiing, snowboarding, jet ski, whatever. Never came up with one!

Those boots are so stylish! If you are frustrated you can always tear at the velcro!

Get well quickly and I hope you can find that Darth Vadar mask!

Hugzz
    Greenbean

Stop and smell the puppies!
  8. marsupialmama

marsupialmama New Member

sorry to hear of your mishap. I hope you feel better and heal up soon.

9. victoria

victoria New Member

so sorry to hear you broke it! I've been in a cast before, it's no fun trying to get around even when you're healthy.

Your idea of having a matching boot for other foot is not a bad one, I've never understood why/how one is expected to walk around for 6 weeks or more on uneven legs! All I can say is, if you have a chiropractor, visit regularly so your spine doesn't go outta whack too. Or at least some regular massages.

Sending many healthing thoughts your way!

all the best,
    Victoria

10. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I'm sorry about that hope you feel better soon
  11. Luxuria

Luxuria New Member

So sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you heal well with no complications. Take good care of yourself hon :)

Bekah
  12. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Thank you so much for the well wishes.............

Hugs
    Sue
  13. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Oh poor you. Though I have to tell you that breaks sometimes heal faster than sprains BTW. But still....

What!!! Are they sure they read the machine right??? I would definately ask for a retake on another machine. PLus what sort of heart attack?

Listen I was once told the same thing about a blood test I had, and was scared senseless then it turns out the nurse got it all wrong.

Sometimes women test with the Qt facing the wrong way for no particular reason anyone can fathom.

Please let us know what the heart doc says.

Love Anne
  14. darvick

darvick New Member

I hope you feel better soon. I like the Dark Vader idea too
    that's the way to take it in stride. Also Your Grandkids are beautiful!!!
    Big Hugs
    Darlene
  15. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...what Anne said---that breaks heal faster than sprains. I hope that is the case for you! Stay off of it and rest---hope you're better soon.

(((Hugs)))
    Pam
  16. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i hope that that turns out fine...

hugs

jodie
  17. sisland

sisland New Member

Sorry to Hear about your broken ankle!! And a Heart attack too!! Wow~~ Hope the recovery time is speedy for you!!

I'll say a prayer for you tonight!! Sydney
  18. lptopcat

lptopcat New Member

Take care of that ankle!!

I broke mine 3 yr ago doing.....aerobics!!! Thought was spain walked on it 10 days...hurt like you know what!!

Feel better soon.

Theresa