Broken once again

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fibrotears, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Fibrotears

Fibrotears New Member

This fibromialgia heart is broken once again.

I found out today from a trusted and reliable source that my GP isn't who he claimed to be.

He talk to other people behind my back about me and told them what a nuisance I am. Apparently everytime I made an appointment he would ask the secretary why I'm there AGAIN. And that he is not in the mood to see me.

When he knows ,OR DOES HE BELIEVE IT???, that I'm in extreme pain!!!!!

He claimed to be a compasionate, caring doctor my friend, a person I can trust!!! He played he's role very convincing!!
    If I saw him now I will say one thing to him: I HATE you.

If I think back over the 4 years that he's been my GP all the things a shared with him. My emotion, my pain, disappointment, hurt.

And now I feel nuseous when I think about all the intra-vaginal injections he gave me. Did he talk about my anatomy there with his wife as well????????

Damn him! It hurt so much!!!

Now I know why he was always moody when I went to see him.

I came to the conclusion: NEVER EVER invest yourself emotionally in a doctor. They're cold, hard people with no pschology training or people skills, or this is anyway the case in my land.

I know now, it's time to go on. And that he won't be the last person to hurt me......

Brokenhearted Fibrotears

PS I still don't know when my hysteroscopy is. It's driving me crazy! But all wil happen in God's time.
  2. angellwolffe

angellwolffe New Member

i feel your pain. First file a complaint against this doctor. Second find another doctor. you need a compassionate doctor. I've been through 5 they all diagnosed me with fm but none did anything. One finally started to deal with the pain. Angell
  3. Fibrotears

Fibrotears New Member

is just not possible in South Africa. The doctors and nurses cover each other and the department of health will do nothing.

That's just how it is here. No one to complain to. No justice......
  4. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I'm so sorry. We do so badly want to put our trust in our physicians....

I'm the odd woman out here though. If you're absolutely sure this man has done what you say (if your source is completely reliable), move on as rapidly as possible, THEN file a complaint. You come first. While you need to act responsibly for others, you need good care and it's out there. Find it this week. Get a second opinion about all of it.

Hugs,
    Marta
  5. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

It really does seem unfair that so many unfortunate things are happening. I'm glad you have a place to come to to talk about what is happening. I hope you can find another Doctor soon who can help you.
    I will pray for a compassionate and skillful Doctor for you.

Kathy.
  6. Fibrotears

Fibrotears New Member

the bladder infection had a purpose. God knows best!!

The GP that was last Thursday on-call, Dr. Conradie, is a wonderfull person and I'm moving my file to him. I asked around and it seems that he is a down to earth doctor.

At school (few years ago) I did first aid with him on sport days and I saw the compassion with which he treated the patients.

But I will never ever over invest my emotions with a doctor again. Their still just human.

Yes, I am absolutely sure that the other GP did it. But the Department of Health will laugh at me. I don't have concrete evidence. And two wrongs don't make a right, I'm just going to show that I'm better than he is.
  7. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I know how you feel.could you sit down and write him a letter, make a copy and keep.
    but any how tell him how much you valued him as a Doctor and a person, and how deeply this has hurt you. and that you hope people are much kinder to him.

and usally whats goes around comes around. also tell him you"ll be seeing another Dr.in the future.And you hope this will help him to learn to respect his patient,s because we are all humans and deserve respect.

Hugs Sixtyslady
  8. findmind

findmind New Member

I am so sorry this has happened to you!

That was very very wrong of that Dr. to do...especially in a way for you to find out about it...could he have done it on purpose, to force you away from him?

I have found it better to not divulge myself emotionally to my primary care dr. I save that for my counselor, as she is trained to listen.

I especially think male doctors have a hard time dealing with too much emotionality from me...its just not something they seem to be comfy with.

I hope you like your new doctor...maybe your old one will be relieved, too; and at a later date you can make your point to him.

I would caution you to not tell your new dr. everything...if you "badmouth" your old one, he may think you'll do it about him someday.

Do you have to stay in the very same practice?

Don't know your story, but hope you do well with new dr. and find the answers you are seeking, and help with your medical mysteries.

Many (((((hugs)))))
    findmind