Bronchitis (Could use some help, here)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by UnicornK, May 17, 2006.

1. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I wonder...

I am in the middle of battling a nasty bout of bronchitis. It dawned on me that I have always gotten bronchitis whenever I get a cold/flu. (We used to say the cold went down into my chest.) It has sometimes taken two or three months to get over it. I have gone through this battle ever since I was a teenager.

Could this have developed into CFS/FM? Is bronchitis viral or bacterial? I get treated with antibiotics and cough medicines...all prescription because I can't take dextromethorphan, the drug in most OTC cough syrups. So, I'm taking tussionex (with a narcotic) and tessalon pearls.

I am finally on my way to recovery, but it's been a lousy week.

Any thoughts?

God Bless.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/17/2006]
  2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

3. granny1353

granny1353 New Member

have just finished 10 days of levaquin and dr. gave me tussinex cough syrup. Says to take 1 tsp every 12 hours, but I really need some every 6 hours. I went back to dr. yesterday and he says still wheezing a bit and conjested, he put me on predisone for 15 days. I sure hope I feel better soon. Hope you feel better too.
    Granny
  4. findmind

findmind New Member

Have you been tested for mycoplasma infections by PCR testing?

immed.org has ways to get tested.

It is run by Dr. Garth Nicholson, a very esteemed and revered, published (over 500 articles) researcher.

He and his wife, Nancy, are the ones who wrote "Project Day Lily" talked about in Mikie's post today.

I have had constant bronchitis most of my life...I have mycoplasma fermentans and pneumonia, both of which affect my lungs.

Long-term antibiotic therapy can put it into remission, or "transfer factor" for mycoplasma.

You need to take very good care of yourself, eat well and get lots of rest. If you are still working, maybe its time to apply for disability. (I haven't read your profile.)

This site has a ton of info about SSDI.

Best to you....feel better soon!
    findmind