Bronchitis, Sinus Infection and ?A swollen tongue?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shananegans, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

Went to the doctor yesterday because I felt like I had an upper respiratory infection. Found out I have a Sinus Infection and Bronchitis. I get at least 2 sinus infections a year so that didn't surprise me, but I've never had bronchitis before and let me just say, it sucks.

Here's the kicker, my tongue was swollen. And now the entire inside of my mouth is swollen. Inside of my cheeks, my lips and my tongue. Has anyone else ever had this with a sinus infection? To me it is very strange. I told my doc yesterday that my tongue hurt and was kind of swollen and she didn't seem concerned, but now everything in my mouth is swollen.

2. loto

loto Member

your tongue is swollen, only that inflammation of the tongue can be caused by low iron. Found that out the hard way! Do you crave ice, by any chance? Craving ice and tongue inflammation are 2 symptoms of extremely low iron. Not saying that's why your tongue is swollen, just saying that's what caused mine.

Hope you feel better soon!
  3. Shananegans

Shananegans New Member

I just starting wanting ice today, not so much wanting it as hoping it will help the swelling.
    I'm not sure if it would be low iron or not but I will keep it in mind if it doesn't go away by the time my sinus infection does. I hoping it's part of the infection. But it's never happened before so I'm curious.

I usually have too much iron so I doubt it's low iron, but thank you, just in case, I will keep it in mind.

4. outofstep

outofstep Member

I have the same thing-it took over a month of antibiotics to get rid of the respiratory thing, but the swelling is still there. The ENT didn't think much of it either. I thought that it was just my own personal immune system weirdness but maybe it's the infection that's causing it?