Bronchitis symptoms and fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dee, Oct 14, 2002.

1. dee

dee New Member

I was diagnosed 8 months ago with fibro. This strange disease plays tricks on one's body!! I have learned that what appears to be a bladder infection, etc. is actually a fibro flare. The latest one that is occurring is the feeling in my chest of impending bronchitis symptoms. It has lasted about 2 weeks and I am about ready to see the doc to find out what is going on. Do any of you out there have these flares in the lungs/bronchial tubes from time to time? This is a new one for me........

Th
  2. dee

dee New Member

I was diagnosed 8 months ago with fibro. This strange disease plays tricks on one's body!! I have learned that what appears to be a bladder infection, etc. is actually a fibro flare. The latest one that is occurring is the feeling in my chest of impending bronchitis symptoms. It has lasted about 2 weeks and I am about ready to see the doc to find out what is going on. Do any of you out there have these flares in the lungs/bronchial tubes from time to time? This is a new one for me........

Th
  3. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

Mostly during the Winter Season I have trouble with the Brochitis, I use an Albuterol Inhaler, mostly just in the morning, and then when I go to Sing, I use it to clear the Lungs, it does help to sing better. Just the Breathing, not the Voice, lol.

Yes you should see a Doctor to rule out an Infection, then you can start from there. If you do have an infection in the lungs, I have found that for me, Zithromax works the best for me with no sideeffects. I keep one Rx on hand during the winter and my Dr. gives me usualy 3 refills, takes care of me for the Winter and into the Spring season.

Cough drops donnot help, I use to use peppermint candies to clear up the dry cough and throat I also get, but they now give me Heartburn and Gas. So I quit using them.

Hope you get some relief before Winter sets in,
    Sincerely
    kredca4/sharon
  4. herblady

herblady New Member

i don't know if they are related. do you smoke? i have had chronic beonchitis for years and found out that i had asthma, too. i've been on inhalers for a long time. i smoke. a year ago they told me i have emphysema. i really think mine is more related to smoking. cindi
  5. dlizard

dlizard New Member

and sometimes it's much like bronchitis... sometimes its worse... occasionally better... haha but* I use the herb slippery elm and some licorice. I also have thick stuff that I cough up regardless of the rest of the stuff, I drink a gallon of water every day but nothing much moves...Good luck!
  6. tamara!

tamara! New Member

i have a lot of trouble breathing. I have been tested for asthma and it was ok, but i've had asthmatic bronchitis in the past.i sleep propped up on the couch i can't imagine how i would feel if i had to lay flat. when i breath it feels like i'm breathing with mucus moving up and down in my lungs or there's cobwebs in there. it's much worse when i lay down and when i get up in the morning. i also feel tightness in my chest. i also have acid reflux so i'm sure that contributes to the problems.i've tried to explain my breathing problems but what i feel is very hard to discribe.