Brother in hospital with kidney failure - Update

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Greenbean7, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Please see my post on the Worship Board. I didn't want to break the rules and post it here.

Thank you

Thanks all for your thoughts and prayers.

I got a call from my nephew last night and my brother has been moved to the cancer ward. They have found cancer cells in his blood stream.

The oncologist said it could be one of several things but he didn't want to speculate and "give you false hope."

What ever type of cancer he has appears to be quite aggressive and since it is already affecting his kidneys the doctor is quite concerned.

I should know more this afternoon.

Again, thank you for praying for all of us. My older sister, Kris, who is very close to my brother and spends at least one evening a week with him and his family is not handling the situation well. Please keep her especially in your prayers.

Greenbean[This Message was Edited on 01/10/2008]
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

Prayers For Your Brother and your Family Going Up!,,,,,Hugs!,,,,Sis
  3. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. Cyber Hugs, Monica
  4. ckball

ckball New Member

I will pray for all of your. I tought about you the day, I haven't been on much myself but hadn't seen you in awhile,
    hugs and prayers-Carla
  5. kholmes

kholmes New Member

My thoughts and prayers are with your family and your brother as well.

[This Message was Edited on 01/09/2008]
  6. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I'll be sending warm thoughts and wishes your way...for a speedy recovery for your brother and the strength to get through whatever happens next for your family.

I do have a short story of hope for you though. Recently a friend of my new SIL collapsed at work after doing his military physical testing and his kidneys shut down.

Although it was a very frightening 2 weeks, they did start working again with no lasting side effects that we know of.

Hopefully things will go as smoothly with your brother....

7. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear the bad news. I hope Mac's condition is temporary. How are you doing?

8. woofmom

woofmom New Member

You are in my thoughts and prayers.
  9. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

on how your brother is doing? You've been in my thoughts and prayers.
  10. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Please keep us updated as much as you can during this difficult time.

Thoughts and prayers going up....

Also, please take care of yourself as well.

11. boltchik

boltchik New Member

So sorry to hear about what your family is going through. I will pray for you, your brother, your sister, Kris and your whole family. I pray for peace and strength. Kim :)
  12. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Still praying.

13. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i hope it turns out non cancerous....i was thought and told i had cancer 15 years ago...turns out i have a heridtary blood disorder called spherecytosis...irregular shapred red blood cells...

i have to take folic acid everyday...sure see i difference when i don't take them...i bruise easier and takes forever to have them heal...

well i am hoping your brother has some this easy for him...just take out the spleen and i was so much better...

god bless and many prayers to you and your family