Brother's wife in surgery, stage 4 cancer

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Alary, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Alary

Alary Member

I feel selfish coming here asking for prayers when I don't hang out in this board very much, but I have read many spirit filled posts and anyway this isn't for me, but my brother's wife. If anyone sees this and would please offer a prayer for my SIL, Dianne, it would be most welcome.

She is in Stage 4 cancer and it has gone to her liver. For some reason this is causing a blockage. I don't understand the medical reasons, but have been told it is serious and she has no option but to have yet another surgery. (This will be the third). The surgery will only buy her some more time, not be a cure.

She has accepted that she may have only months left, many rounds of chemo haven't been enough. She says no more chemo, she went through all medicine had to offer and even tried an experimental drug for two rounds without success.

I wish you could all know her or could spend some time with her. She is the type of person you call to try and cheer up, hoping to be a blessing to her, but you come away from a conversation feeling you are the one who is blessed. Never a sour word about anyone else, looks on the bright side, truly a loving heart and spirit. Even now, in pain and on morphine, she is accepting of God's will.
  2. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

My heart and prayers go out to this brave and wonderful woman. I ask that her time left on earth be special, be filled with peace and love. She sounds like she has already touched those around her. I am so sorry that you are all in this situation.

Please if you can, put a post under the weekly prayer. You will find it written in capital letters with this Thursday's date which would be tomorrow Oct. 26. We all try and pray at the same time for all the posts and those listed help us to organize our minds.

God Bless dear.
  3. Alary

Alary Member

I'll look for the Thrusday prayer notice. What a powerful way to pray in an organized way for so many at the same time.
    Her name is Dianne and she is 55. I have often felt we are the fortunate ones to have her in the family. Guess my brother did at least one thing right in his life, LOL!
  4. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Don't ever feel selfish about asking for prayer. That is what we are all here for to share with each other and to pray and encourage each other whether you hang out on this board or not. I will pray for Dianne. She sounds like a wonderful person. I am sure this is a very hard thing to go through. I will lift her up as I know others on this board will also and of course will lift up her family also.

Love,
    Nancy
  5. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

alary - Please do not feel selfish. This worship board is such a blessing to all of us and it's here for anyone that needs or wants to share a prayer.

Dianne sounds like a very amazing strong willed woman and I will keep her and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

She is very lucky to have a such a loving sister-inlaw in you.

Please keep us posted.

Carolin
  6. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

that her ending time be pain free,Linda
  7. Alary

Alary Member

Thank you again for the prayers and kind words.

Dianne came through the surgery allright. Big sigh of relief. They installed a stint (?) to allow for liver drainage. She will be able to go home, and she and my brother decided to contact hospice.
  8. MamaR

MamaR New Member

This sweet SIL sounds like a beautiful spirit. We will pray that she doesn't suffer... and that God gives her, and all of your family and friends the strength that can only come from Him at this time.
    I will certainly help pray.

Love...Mari