Brown/Mercola vs. Prof Nicholson's protocol for treating mycoplas

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jolie, Feb 2, 2003.

1. Jolie

Jolie New Member

Hello there,

I am a CFIDS patient with a mycoplasma fermentans infection, that may be the major source of most of my symptoms.

Has anyone tried the Brown protocol for rheumatic diseases? It uses low doses of Lederle Minocin 3x per week, as opposed to Prof.Nicholson's heavier duty larger doses, every day for six months, and then Prof Nicholson's protocol calls for cycles of repeated antibiotics for six weeks for one or two more years...or even longer.

I have to say that when I was on Cipro for four months, my joint pain was almost gone. But I met up with an alternative M.D. who really wanted me to get off antibiotics. we made progress with his methods (including blood ultrviolet irradiation) but while I felt better and had more energy, my joint pain got much worse when I went off the Cipro.

A certain famous CFIDS doctor has said that the Nicholson proocol can leave a person a gut cripple for life.....That''s the main reason I am trying to avoid it.

Has anyone with CFIDS had success using the lower dosing protocol of Dr. Brown and Mercola?

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.

Jolie
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I've been on the Doxy for more than a year and just quit taking it Sat. So far, so good. There's is no reason to let antibiotics turn anyone into a "gut cripple," if they take probiotics, which should be taken by everyone and are a must for people on antibiotics. My IBS went away when I started taking the antibiotics.

Love, Mikie