Bruinz and tired....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Marta608, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Both Friday and yesterday at the shelter feel like one very long, continuous time. On Friday I was the only volunteer there so I worked as long as I could stand up. Mistake. Bed on Saturday. Yesterday was the usual noisy, chaotic zoo and I came home overly-tired again. Today little will get accomplished. I'm discouraged. If ever I even slightly thought that this illness could be overridden with distraction and determination, I stand very corrected. And I think we all think that from time to time with such an unbelieveable illness.

Still no cat here. I decided that maybe I'm simply not ready. It's only been six months since my last of two dear old cats was so sick and I had to have him euthanized. No matter how sick they are, that's HARD.

I hope you had a good weekend and have a little bounce to your step today. I plan to recover soon.

2. Bruinz

Bruinz New Member

I sure wish you a speedy recovery and hope your up and
    about soon.

We are very much alike, very determined not to let this
    illness get the best of us. We will always fight it to the end no matter what the cost.

We have warm weather but it is damp. Damp weather is not
    a friend of FMS.

My weekend was quiet and I got to rest up. It sure doen't
    take much to empty the tank, it is noon and I am sniffing
    fumes the tank is so empty.

I am glad you went to the shelter, I am sorry it caused
    so much fatigue.

It sounds like you are a little reluctant to give your
    heart away to another feline. It is very hard when our
    pets get sick and we have to put them down.

Gentle bear hugs

3. Marta608

Marta608 Member

.... for the well wishes.

I'm still dragging tonight but tomorrow will be better.

4. Bruinz

Bruinz New Member

Well it is tomorrow by yesterday standards.
    I sure hope you are feeling better.

I am in extream pain with this damp weather. Every year
    I forget how lucky I am that summer is here until
    winter comes.

Counting the days till summer.

Sleep well

Gentle bear hugs

5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Good morning,

I'm not as perky as I'd hoped today but I'm, unfortunately as usual, pushing through. Nothing much but I'd rather do nothing. What's new, right? :>(

Do you have a dehumidifier in your home and office? Would it help? I'm so sorry to hear about the pain you're having. What do you take for pain?

Bruinz, have you ever had an injury to your spine? Broken your tailbone? I suspect you might have.

My son was in a near-fatal auto accident some years ago and yesterday went to a neurologist about a fractured C-5 that either just appeared or just happened. In addition to pain, he's also been feeling very anxious and has insomnia. The doctor wants to try him on Provigil which surprised me a lot. I wasn't aware that there is a connection with anxiety, depression, insomnia and injury to the spine! Sounds very familiar, doesn't it?

I remember someone, Prickles I think, who posted a thread asking how many on the board had broken their tailbone and a surprising number responded that they had, including me.

That would be the good news and the bad, right? After all, there is no repair for a tailbone. I also know that some have said that they were hyper-flexible. In all that flexing, I wonder if injury to the spinal column could be done? Hmmmmm, maybe I should post this on the other message board....

I hope you salvage the good parts of this day and hold them close.

6. Bruinz

Bruinz New Member

I am sorry your not to your fully perky potential.

Very interesting about the broken tail bone connection.
    It sounds like it causes lots of problems. I haven't
    had a confirmed diagnosis of a broken tail bone as of
    yet. Some what surprising considering what I have gone
    threw and done.

I don't take anything for the pain. I am stubborn and
    only take pain medication if it would be for a short time
    usage like a broken bone or sprain. I don't like long
    term side affects that are common with long term use.

I don't have any problems sleeping like insomnia, but
    do have troubles sleeping because of pain.

I hope you find your perkyness.

Gentle bear hugs

[This Message was Edited on 12/13/2006]